Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Kiffin leaves UT to coach USC

Looks like Lance Thompson didn't think to highly of Mr Lane Kiffin, especially the way he ended things.......

Scarbinsky: Lance Thompson took a chance on Lane Kiffin and got taken | Scarblog - al.com
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UTVols2 View Post
    Palardy isn't an early enrolee
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironlung, earlier in this thread
    Palardy has already said he's staying and started classes this morning.
    Lung's quote is what I was going off of regarding Palardy.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UTVols2 View Post
    Looks like Lance Thompson didn't think to highly of Mr Lane Kiffin, especially the way he ended things.......

Scarbinsky: Lance Thompson took a chance on Lane Kiffin and got taken | Scarblog - al.com
    There's a lot to be said about having integrity......something Kiffin was lacking. I guess Al Davis knew more than we though he knew.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CoeburnCane View Post
    Oh I gotcha, I remember seeing that. Palardy did say something can't remember if it was volquest about no matter who was coach he was a Vol. But we all know that until that day in February nothing is set.

Multiple sources are report Derek Dooley as the head man. Of course three coaches have already been tabbed the next coach so who knows until an official statement is released.

It's going to be an interesting couple of weeks until NSD, I hope Dooley or whoever takes over keeps Kippy, Chaney, and Thompson, that would still be a pretty sweet staff and ones who know most all the recruits.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsman* View Post
    There's a lot to be said about having integrity......something Kiffin was lacking. I guess Al Davis knew more than we though he knew.
    I know who would have thunk it....... I want to give supr-beast a high five for calling it. I took up for Kiffin hard for 14 months, looks like I was fooled too

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsman* View Post
    Al Davis knew more than we though he knew.
    Thank you...at least somebody else can see it. I have mixed feelings about the way Al runs the Raiders, but I don't think there is anything wrong with his ability of perception...but given the Raiders performances with QBs other than Russell, Al might not be as far away from a winner as we think.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CoeburnCane View Post
    That was my screw up on Palardy. He's not an early enrollee. I was thinking about Miller.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Michael Palardy isn't wavering. The Tennessee commitment said Friday night that he is sticking with the Vols and new head coach Derek Dooley.

"I'm not really worried. I'm looking at it as optimistically possible. I'm not going to change my mind or anything. Like I said, I committed to Tennessee. I didn't commit to coach Kiffin," the St. Thomas Aquinas kicker said. "Whoever the coach may be, I loved it up there and I thought it was the right place for me. That's pretty much it."

Palardy said that Kiffin's departure from Tennessee came as shock to him and everyone on the team.

"It was shocking. I'm pretty sure everybody was shocked. From a players standpoint, there was no notice, no warning, it just happened," Palardy said.

The talented Ft. Lauderdale product said the pressure not only affected him because of the coach's move, but with the proximity to signing day he added that it has also taken a toll on his parents.

"At this time my parents are worried for me. They want me to make the right decision. Not saying that they don't want me to go to Tennessee, they just want me to make sure I'm making the decision I want to," Palardy continued. "So they're scrambling around, trying to talk to me, trying to make sure I'm OK, I still have my mind right and I'm still level headed and everything."

While the business side of college football often affects 17 and 18 year olds, Palardy understand that comes with the landscape of the game today.

"It's just how it goes and you just have to take it as it is. This is reality. Stuff happens in college football all the time all over the country. Unfortunately it happened to Tennessee, but life goes on and hopefully this coach from Louisiana Tech is right for the job and we can see what he can do," Palardy added.

Part of Palardy's calming demeanor is because of a conversation he had with interim head coach Kippy Brown. Palardy placed a call Wednesday night to try and make sure Tennessee was the place for him.

"I was calling him to make sure everything was status quo. The promises that coach Kiffin made to me about me personally coming in and having the opportunity to start at all three, punting, kick offs and extra points, what's still the same," Palardy said. "He said, 'Absolutely. If you come in to Tennessee and you look on our walls,' he was like, 'we have All-American kickers all over the walls.'

"He told me that we were making the kicking game in our play and he was like we didn't bring in the number one kicker in nation for no reason. He was like you're going to have the opportunity, if you're the best out there at all three, you're going to start."

The 6-foot, 170 pound kicker said that he is firm to Tennessee as a commitment and only has a trip to Miami set up for next week just in case something happens with the new coaching staff and something doesn't work out.

"It's always good to have something to fall back on because if you don't, I'm left out in the cold and there's nothing I can do. From that point on I'm not in a good situation and then I have start scrambling around and everything," Palardy said of his impending trip to Miami.

Even though Palardy has set up the Miami trip as a backup plan, he still plans on signing with Tennessee because he loves the Vols.

"Obvisouly they're not going to bring somebody in who they think isn't capable of doing the job, so I'm not worried about it," Palardy said. "I love Tennessee. I fell in love with Tennessee when I first got up there so that's where I stand now."

Rivals.com ranks Palardy as the nation's second ranked kicker.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We've got a Double Deeeeeeee in Tennesseeeeeeeeeee......
    When you become senile, you won't know it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I wouldn't be surprised if Shannon cancels Palardy's trip for him after those comments. He's done the same to other players in the past (see Larentee McCray UF LB two years ago).
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]