Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Graham and Grundy request drop to Group A

Graham and Grundy seeking move to Class A for sports in 2011
    Graham and Grundy seeking to move to Class A for sports in 2011

By Jim Talbert
    Published: January 22, 2010
    By JIM TALBERT\Staff

RICHLANDS ? The upcoming football season could be the last in the AA Southwest district for two local schools.
    The redistricting and reclassification committee of the Virginia High School League meets in Charlottesville, Jan. 26 to consider modifications to classification system for the 2011-12, 2012-13 seasons.
    The committee will consider requests from Graham and Grundy to move from AA to A. Graham is seeking to go from AA, Region IV, Southwest to A, Region C, Mountain Empire.
    Grundy wants to move from AA, Southwest to A, Region D, Black Diamond. Being in the Mountain Empire would have the G-Men facing Galax, Fort Chiswell, Narrows, Bland and Grayson County.
    In the Black Diamond Grundy would face Honaker, Haysi, Twin Valley and Hurley. The R&R committee will meet in April to hear appeals of whatever plan it approves Jan. 26. The full board of the VHSL will take action on a committee recommendation May 6.
    The complete list of modification requests is attached. January 26 R&R Modification Requests

School Requests

Bluestone Move from Group AA, Region I, Southside District to Group A, Region B, James River District

Central (Woodstock) Move from Group AA, Region II, Northwestern District to Group A, Region B, Shenandoah District

Culpeper County Move from Group AA, Region I, Battlefield District to Group AA, Region II, Evergreen District

Eastern View Move from Group AA, Region I, Battlefield District to Group AA, Region II, Evergreen District

Fleming, William Move from Group AAA, Northwest Region, Western Valley District to Group AA, a nearby district and region to be determined

Graham Move from Group AA, Region IV, Southwest District to Group A, Region C, Mountain Empire District

Grundy Move from Group AA, Region IV, Southwest District to Group A, Region D, Black Diamond District

Henry, Patrick (R) Move from Group AAA, Northwest Region, Western Valley District to Group AA, a nearby district and region to be determined

Jackson, Stonewall (Q) Move from Group A, Region B, Bull Run District to Group A, Region B, Shenandoah District

Monroe, William Move from Group AA, Region II, Jefferson District to Group A, Region B, district to be determined

Nottoway Move from Group AA, Region I, Southside District to Group A,
    Region B, James River District

Orange County Move from Group AAA, Northwest Region, Commonwealth District to Group AA, Region II, Jefferson District

Powhatan Move from Group AA, Region I, Southside District to Group AA, Region II, Jefferson District

Prince William County
    New School Move from Group AA, Region II, Evergreen District to Group AAA, Northwest Region, Cedar Run District

Sherando Move from Group AAA, Northwest Region, Cedar Run District to Group AA, Region II, Northwestern District

Inactive Member collegetrumpet2010's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Graham and Grundy request drop to Group A

That's a sign that they need a new system. Pretty soon there won't be many if any AA schools this side of Roanoke.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Graham and Grundy request drop to Group A

Quote Originally Posted by collegetrumpet2010 View Post
    That's a sign that they need a new system. Pretty soon there won't be many if any AA schools this side of Roanoke.

Graham dropping suprises me a little I had always heard that they would not drop till all 3 Tazwell Co schools droped (Tazwell is already single A sized and Richlands is only 30 or so kids away (Meaning if the Wise Co consoladations end up happening they will be single A sized as well)