Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: pound coach resigned

Quote Originally Posted by ibeawildcat View Post
    All the transfers was because of Crabtree!!
    Are you suggesting he did not play to win? That he did not put the athletes were they needed to be to make the team successful? As a parent I do not think it is a good thing to teach your kid it is okay to transfer to another school if you do not like the coach. It has been said that the best athletes transfered, so it would be my guess that they had every oppurtunity to play, correct? Would you agree that parent's are a big influence in a decision like that?
    [img]http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/7057/willferralcowbell2tn.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by valour View Post
    Are you suggesting he did not play to win? That he did not put the athletes were they needed to be to make the team successful? As a parent I do not think it is a good thing to teach your kid it is okay to transfer to another school if you do not like the coach. It has been said that the best athletes transfered, so it would be my guess that they had every oppurtunity to play, correct? Would you agree that parent's are a big influence in a decision like that?
    I'm sure he played to win..No he didn't put some of the kids In positions that some of them needed to be In.. It had nothing to do with playing time..I'm not going Into detailed scenes about some of the stuff that went on and how he treated some of the kids but It wasn't normal and I know first hand what I am talking about..I wanted Crabtree to be what Pound needed for It's program and thought by first Impression that he might be...But saw and heard stuff that come from that man starting with the first transfer a few years ago..
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/PHSfootballfan[/url]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

IMHO Crabtree is a good person but was made a head coach way before he was ready in all honistly it would do him well to take an assistant position as his next stop IF coaching is something he still wants to do after it is all said and done.

The bigger question is where will the Pound players end up if Pound is unable to get a new coach quickly

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Off the subject a little, but I think we are gonna see a "mass Exodus" of not only coaches, but teachers out of Wise County at the end of this school year. A lot of them can see the writing on the wall in regards to consolidation.

Has Crabtree indicated whether he is still gonna teach or is he leaving the system all together?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As far as I know he will still teach..
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/PHSfootballfan[/url]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by centennialdawg View Post
    Off the subject a little, but I think we are gonna see a "mass Exodus" of not only coaches, but teachers out of Wise County at the end of this school year. A lot of them can see the writing on the wall in regards to consolidation.

Has Crabtree indicated whether he is still gonna teach or is he leaving the system all together?
    Good point with our areas proximaty to Ky and Tenn many teachers MAY be able to avoid the Va budget cuts compleatly by skiping the state (That being said i am not sure if any nearby states are in any better shape than we are)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If a teacher has tenure, they'd be goofy to move anywhere at this time. Once you move to a new county or state, you have to teach for one year plus one day to re-establish tenure. Until then the new school district can get of the teacher as if they didn't have tenure to begin with. So, I doubt you see a mass exodus of teachers...I'd say all that can stay will cling to their jobs cuz they'd be stupid not to in this economic climate. It'll also make it ALOT harder to fill the empty coaching spot up there too tho.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Rocky's decision to have volunteers may just be tested. He may get his chance.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hope they don't forget the hand basket...
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ibeawildcat View Post
    I'm sure he played to win..No he didn't put some of the kids In positions that some of them needed to be In.. It had nothing to do with playing time..I'm not going Into detailed scenes about some of the stuff that went on and how he treated some of the kids but It wasn't normal and I know first hand what I am talking about..I wanted Crabtree to be what Pound needed for It's program and thought by first Impression that he might be...But saw and heard stuff that come from that man starting with the first transfer a few years ago..
    And of course ibeawildcat is a pound parent and you can tell by what comes from its mouth. Those parents want their kids coddled and petted and when someone does that (mullins) they run him off. Then they want some one to come in and be a disciplinarian and he is mistreating the kids (crabtree).

The truth is that these parents have never and will never be satisfied. If their kids played under some of the other coaches around here, their eyes would be opened to how things really are.

You have to remember, the parents that are there now are the ones who got their kids kicked out of youth football a few years back. ibeawildcat is one of them.