Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: PV Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by pvfan View Post
    I think the young man has paid the price for his wrong doing. People have free reign to print what they want as long as it's the truth eh? I'd hate for people to tart posting all they knew about the people who posted in this thread (including myself). If I were this young man or his family this thing would be ugly by now. Thankfully, this guy and his family are better people than me and everybody else on here.

It is bothersome to me that the BHC published his name. If he were an adult,I'd say wear him out. Were I his Dad or Mom,I'd be talking to someone by now.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    WOW! I thought better of you than this. You used to make some very sensable posts on here and a great contributer to this forum. Lately though that has been the opposite. Whats happened?

How does that have anything to do with how you feel? Just because you have family members serving does not tell me how you feel. I dont mean to single you out big guy but the top quote really surprised me.

As for the kid at PV that did this. I have given a little thought about this and from reading one of Hocus's posts on another forum I have this to say. The next time any of you are at a football game this fall take the time to look around you during the Anthem. You will see grownups with their hats still on, talking while the Anthem is playing, and walking to get back to their seats before kickoff. Also you will see kids running all over and tossing balls around. All this and no one says a thing! The kid at PV that did this was wrong but with what Hocus brought up he probably did not feel it was a big deal since others around him have been acting a fool during the Anthem for years. If this is a first time thing for this kid then I feel his punishment he got is fitting enough providing he learns from it. Everyone deserves the benifit of the doubt and a second chance. Who knows the young man may join the military in his near future and become a hero to this country. He may even look back on those actions and regret every moment of it. He is just a kid right now. Would be a little different if he was a grown man doing that. I am not trying to defend the kid but how can we expect todays youth when so many grownups around them are disrespecting our nations symbols on a daily basis without anything said? So Biggin you are kind of right about him being a kid and doing something stupid. For the rest of us we need not condemn the young man for his action but we need to teach not only him but many other youths and grown ups what respect is all about. We as grownups need to lead by example. Lets show these kids how to respect our Nation. When you are somewhere the Anthem is being played and the person next to you is talking or acting a fool ask them to to be quite. Ask them nicely to show the respect to our Anthem and Flag.
    ill respond to your post, because you arent a douche, but most everyone on here now, excluding a few people, are douchebags.

im not taking this seriously, its the internet. for some, its life or death serious and their shining moral compass should guide everyone.

a kid did something really stupid that hurt nobody, and look at the mess it turned into.
    its not about the military or disrespecting veterans, people on here made it that.

this place is just ridiculous anymore, i cant talk sports, there is no real sports talk on here anymore. its all about bull**** drama like this.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    this place is just ridiculous anymore, i cant talk sports, there is no real sports talk on here anymore. its all about bull**** drama like this.
    I agree. We need more sports talk.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    For one I did not say let it slide. I want you to go back through each of my posts and find where I said to let this matter slide. He got punishment to me that was fitting and I applaud PVHS for that. I hope the young man learns from his mistake.

2. How in the hell can you compare taking a **** during the anthem to raping babies? Sorry but that is absurd! I am just dumbfounded! I know even kids are responsible for their own actions. If you dont know it by now there are different punishments for different crimes. The harsher the crime the harsher the punishment will be. Technically the only crime committed by this young kid was indecent exposure. There is no way that can be even remotely compared to rape.

I just dont think you have fully read any my posts.
    never compared this to rape, hopefully my PM will help you better understand what i was saying.
    Cant we all just get along?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pvfan View Post
    I think the young man has paid the price for his wrong doing. People have free reign to print what they want as long as it's the truth eh? I'd hate for people to tart posting all they knew about the people who posted in this thread (including myself). If I were this young man or his family this thing would be ugly by now. Thankfully, this guy and his family are better people than me and everybody else on here.
    I have nothing to hide, my deed has been hashed out on this forum before....extremely old news there. The only thing, and I have said this before, the only thing I was concerened about is the fact that he did this in public during the anthem. And yes, to put it bluntly, I feel that I have every right to say my piece on this. I was honorably discharged. Look it up at the Wise County Courthouse, My DD form 214 is filed there. He got his punishment, what I thought was appropriate and just. Let it go.

I agree, the mods haven't done their jobs in a long time, Maybe it is time for them to go and get some new ones. Think about that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    yeah man, ive been in plenty physical confrontations over the years, one really recently. why just last week actually, when i was plowing your wife from the backside. thats a physical confrontation, right?

and when I say backside, i dont mean doggystyle, i mean in the back door homie, sorry if she wont let you get in. get over yourself, it aint that serious.

and itd be different if he was setting the flag on fire or taking a dump on it. this was not a shot at AMERICAH! nor at the veterans, get off your high horse. its a kid doing something stupid. if i had to pee like that when the game is getting ready to start, id prolly do the same thing, because during the anthem most people are looking at the flag, and you could try and sneak it while no one is paying attention.

for the record before yall jump on me, my BROTHER is on route to Afghanistan right now, both grandpa's, and three uncles all served, and all of them except one served during war time. so dont go there.
    Wow Biggin that is some classy stuff. Keep up the great work serving our country the way you are. America is proud of you.:flagwaver:

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by centennialdawg View Post
    I have nothing to hide, my deed has been hashed out on this forum before....extremely old news there. The only thing, and I have said this before, the only thing I was concerened about is the fact that he did this in public during the anthem. And yes, to put it bluntly, I feel that I have every right to say my piece on this. I was honorably discharged. Look it up at the Wise County Courthouse, My DD form 214 is filed there. He got his punishment, what I thought was appropriate and just. Let it go.

I agree, the mods haven't done their jobs in a long time, Maybe it is time for them to go and get some new ones. Think about that.
    I didn't realize that I said anything about you. Your free to speak your peace, I just think it's sad that the adult members of this board have let it get to this point.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, I guess Rock and the others are treating this much like the Pinkston threads. I never mentioned his name, only my thoughts on what he did. As a matter of fact, I even said I didn't care, nor did I want to know who the boy was. The biggest thing that got me is that "matter of fact-no big deal approach" that most people have about it. As a matter of fact, most of my comment were directed toward a couple of posters on here who were trying to antagonize the veterans on this board. The anthem and the flag are two things that should instill respect and honor not for the veterans, but for our country.

This is the last I am saying on this subject: Be proud of the freedoms you have and cherish them and use them wisely. And every once in a while, thank someone who was willing to stand up and defend your rights to tread on something so precious. They didn't come lightly. :flagwaver:

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A response from the BHC columnist if you are interested.

J. Todd Foster column: It was a tough call, but paper stands by it | TriCities
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08