Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Official Lets Go Redlegs/Bravos Season Thread

With most of the viewership on this board that cares about baseball being either a Reds or a Braves fan I think this well worth a thread. Each team imo has played way over there heads but what do you know it's the third of June and each team is in first place. I thought this would be a good way for myself, 7teen, 1instripes, Unchained, Trumpett, UTVols, etc to discuss the daily things that happen with our teams. Here's to a Red and Blue October!

Cincinnati: 31-23 (Tied for first with STL) no game tonight
    Atlanta: 31-22 (First place 2.5 game lead on Philly) Braves are in LA for a huge series against a Dodger ball club that is starting to heat up.

Pitching Match up:
    ATL: Kris Medlan (1-1, 2.85 era)
    LAD: Hiroki Kuroda (5-3, 3.55 era)

Hopefully people participate, if Cincy isn't on I usually flip back and forth between games but see a lot of LA (they are the last team to finish most nights). LA has had a horseshoe up their rear for about a week, hopefully ATL keeps their run going.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: The Official Lets Go Redlegs/Bravos Season Thread

Hopefully we keep Matt Kemp from hitting a walk off. Big road trip with the next 11 games all being on the road. If we come out of it clean, I will be a very happy man.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LA is on fire especially pitching wise. The Dodgers have allowed just seven runs in their last four games, all wins. Kuroda has been solid for LA, not great but solid. If you take out his last start where the Rockies lit him up like a Christmas tree he's having a career year. I haven't seen the kid from Atlanta pitch yet so I'm looking forward to the game.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm thinking this may be the year the Reds can at least stay competitive all year. Why? My year is setting up good thus far! haha The Bengals made the playoffs, Duke won the national title, VT football beat Tennessee in a bowl game, Lakers in the finals again.

The stars are all lining up right for a Reds push at the post-season! I'll be heading to a DMB concert in Cincy in two weeks and plan to watch the Reds play the Dodgers on a Wed. night. Then we'll be heading up to Cincy again to watch Sabo (#17!!) get inducted into the Reds HOF. And actually have plans to drive to Pittsburgh in early August to watch Cincy in Pittsburgh. It will be the first time I have ever watched the Reds on the road! I've probably seen the Reds play 200 times or more in my lifetime, but all in Cincy.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'll be at the Thursday game against LA, considering going to Pittsburgh game as well just because I haven't seen that stadium. Seriously considering buying a 13 game package next year to save money. I've already been to 5 games and have tickets for two more.

7teen, what to do about the pen? I know he's allegedly hurt, but they can't keep running Lincoln out there can they? When Bailey is elgible to come off the DL do you send down Ondrusek and keep Lecure for long relief? That would allow Cincinnati to put Owings in more pressure situations to find out what he's really worth. Plus, with Jocketty coming out and saying no to Chapman in the pen, I think it puts even more pressure on the Reds to find somebody other than Arthur Rhodes to be reliable in the 6th-8th innings. FWIW, I do think CoCo has turned it around and is make to what he normally is.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think Massett will get it figured out soon. That gives us Rhodes, Massett, and Coco. Something has to be done to sure up the 6th inning and find more RH help down there. I'm not sure we have the answer within the system.

I write a daily minor league report for a website and the best we probably have to offer has already been given a shot right now. I wouldn't be surprised if the Reds wait until the end of June and perhaps make a small move to acquire another reliever. I'd love to see Chapman come up to the pen to get is feet wet.

I just hope Jocketty doesn't make the same mistake Krivski made the last time we needed bullpen help. *Bray and Majewski for Kearns and Lopez*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pvfan View Post
    With most of the viewership on this board that cares about baseball being either a Reds or a Braves fan I think this well worth a thread. Each team imo has played way over there heads but what do you know it's the third of June and each team is in first place. I thought this would be a good way for myself, 7teen, 1instripes, Unchained, Trumpett, UTVols, etc to discuss the daily things that happen with our teams. Here's to a Red and Blue October!

Cincinnati: 31-23 (Tied for first with STL) no game tonight
    Atlanta: 31-22 (First place 2.5 game lead on Philly) Braves are in LA for a huge series against a Dodger ball club that is starting to heat up.

Pitching Match up:
    ATL: Kris Medlan (1-1, 2.85 era)
    LAD: Hiroki Kuroda (5-3, 3.55 era)

Hopefully people participate, if Cincy isn't on I usually flip back and forth between games but see a lot of LA (they are the last team to finish most nights). LA has had a horseshoe up their rear for about a week, hopefully ATL keeps their run going.
    i threw up a little in my mouth.
    Cant we all just get along?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Did anybody here know Johnny Venters is from Pikeville? Kid throws some gas
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

pvfan did. He made me aware of that last night when we were talking.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Inactive Member collegetrumpet2010's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Billy Wagner is from Southwest Virginia. I think it's near Marion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast