Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cw/sv

I was very excited after CW's performance last week against Happy Valley. It's the best they'd looked in 2 years. They reverted back to a more inconsistent game this week. The effort was there so I'm not faulting them for that but I guess it was more technique that was troubling than anything this week. Missed tackles galore. The little rb they had ran for almost 200 yards. A lot came on some long runs against reserves, but at least 100 came against the 1's. Gavin Meade had 201 on 12 carries and Powers had 145 on 14. Still having fumble problems is going to lose a game for them if they don't hold on to the ball. Offensively they weren't bad, although Meade probably had his worst passing night of the year hitting only 2-9. Cameron Vanover can be a weapon at TE if they can hit him when he's wide open down the field with nobody within 20 yards. I credit the off night in the passing game a little on Tre's ankle and him not having good mechanics when throwing. A **** poor tackling performance like this week will result in a L this week or soon after.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Cw/sv

If I am Lebanon or Powell Valley I know I want to put in some sort of power spread offense after watching SV have so much success. What baffled me was the play calling before the end of the first half by Cwood. Cwood was up by two touchdowns with three minutes left in the half and they had all of their time outs and SV had none. So all of a sudden Cwood decides to go into a passing attack with Tre hobbling around. It was all he could do to plant and throw. Cwood was running it down SV's throat but then threw three passes that only took about 25 seconds off the clock. Then to top it off Cwood does a fake punt on the 50 yardline and luckily it worked out for a 40 yard gain but if it hadnt SV could have gotten the ball on the 50 and scored right before half time. It could have easily been 21-14 at half time and it would have been a very different game.

Luckily though most of the breaks fell Cwood's way. And also Cwood did a fake field goal for some reason? I know they missed a PAT but why not just run it in for two? A fake punt and/or field goal works once maybe twice a year but Cwood chose to use it in an irrelevant game. So from here on out every team will be looking for the fake and that could hurt Cwood if they actually need it in a big game. I think having Dotson out on defense makes a big difference in stopping the run. I've not been impressed with what I've seen out of Cwood this year. I think a good team will exploit the stupid mistakes and the offense has been too one sided. The tackling has been poor and their outside LB's displayed poor discipline in stopping the sweep out of the spread. I think Norton will be able to run the sweep against Cwood's defensive ends all night long. Gavin Meade is an excellent running back and should be the full time starter and they should leave Butter Finger Powers as a back up. Gavin has the power and explosiveness that Powers just doenst have. Tre showed some real toughness and courage. The pass he caught right before half time was awsome. Aside from the poor tackling and ridiculously stupid play calling at the end of the first half it was a good win for the Wave and hopefully they can lay it to Lebanon next week.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I hope clintwood pulls it together i think they have the talent to make a good showing in the playoffs. From what ive read and seen they are just having a hard time pulling everything together. I would like to see them in mid season form blowing everyone away like they had been in the past. Good luck to you all and yours.
    Cant we all just get along?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was at the game. Man clintwood has some stud horses. Their line for the most part is HUGE! And Gavin Mead absolutly played wide open 95% of the time, Dragging guys with him a few times.

Clintwood Did make some mistakes, but easily was good enough to overcome them.

If im not mistaken the Average weight across the 5 Starting O-linemen was 250lbs which is pretty nice for highschool (Based on Program Weights)

Chris Wampler Played like an animal delivering several Big hits.

I was impressed by John Dotson's D-Line play but he wasn't on D long used as Center only after the first quarter some time.

Clintwood is pretty good from what i've seen, they got lots of kids on the team, lots of Depth they could use. Missed Tackles Kept it somewhat close in the first quarter.. but Shelby Vally just coulnd't keep up after the gears started turning for the Greenwave.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by curveball08 View Post
    Luckily though most of the breaks fell Cwood's way. And also Cwood did a fake field goal for some reason? I know they missed a PAT but why not just run it in for two? A fake punt and/or field goal works once maybe twice a year but Cwood chose to use it in an irrelevant game. So from here on out every team will be looking for the fake and that could hurt Cwood if they actually need it in a big game.
    The fake on the field goal and the fake on the punt are the same two plays that they've ran for the last 8 years. They ran the fake fg against Norton two years ago in Regionals and it seems like Lebanon at home that same year. They've used the fake punt probably 8-10 times. Neither of those are a big secret to anyone so I don't think they really mattered, especially since they worked.

In responce to Rocky, I don't think it's as much as putting everything together as it is getting everyone healthy. Austin Dotson got hurt in their first scrimmage against Grundy and last week was the first time he's seen the field and he's still pretty hobbled. Tre was hurt last week against HV and now he's limping around. Those are Clintwood's two best players and IMO Dotson when healthy is the best player in the region. Like I said, IMO the problem Friday was technique and not effort. Too many kids thinking that a tackle is running into someone with their chest. Others just diving and not wrapping up. All fixable things, but it bettered get fixed soon.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That being said #8 for SV looked to be a very good back (On a bad team)

As for the fake X-Point and Punt it is on tape and the teams that prepare for Cwood will now have totake valuable practice time to go over someting that they will probably not run again leaving less time to go over what they do 99% of the time (win/win)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes Cwood has run the same fake for several years but like I said that is the type of play that works once or twice a year. Every team has a some sort of fake punt or field goal but now the other teams will be giving special consideration to it that they might not have given otherwise.
    And to Counts I don't see how a team is going to spend much valuable time preparing for a fake punt or field goal other than the coaches watching it on tape and then mentioning it during some special teams drills. And then during the game they will be screaming it to their players when Cwood lines up to punt. According to your logic then every team should just come out and show their fake punt because then the other team wont have time to practice on the less important stuff like offense or defense. I may not be an NFL coach but I've never heard anyone say "Hey we should use our fake punt so our upcoming opponent will lose valuable practice time next week." I guarantee if the fake punt hadn't worked you wouldn't be saying that. My point is that it wasn't a desperate situation and it was not an important game so I think it was stupid to use it when everyone will be looking for it from here on out every time Cwood lines up to punt. But I may be making a big deal out of nothing.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by curveball08 View Post
    Yes Cwood has run the same fake for several years but like I said that is the type of play that works once or twice a year. Every team has a some sort of fake punt or field goal but now the other teams will be giving special consideration to it that they might not have given otherwise.
    And to Counts I don't see how a team is going to spend much valuable time preparing for a fake punt or field goal other than the coaches watching it on tape and then mentioning it during some special teams drills. And then during the game they will be screaming it to their players when Cwood lines up to punt. According to your logic then every team should just come out and show their fake punt because then the other team wont have time to practice on the less important stuff like offense or defense. I may not be an NFL coach but I've never heard anyone say "Hey we should use our fake punt so our upcoming opponent will lose valuable practice time next week." I guarantee if the fake punt hadn't worked you wouldn't be saying that. My point is that it wasn't a desperate situation and it was not an important game so I think it was stupid to use it when everyone will be looking for it from here on out every time Cwood lines up to punt. But I may be making a big deal out of nothing.

LOL so if they are watching for a fake they are less likly to go for a block still sounds good to me

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Whats the name of the song clintwood came out too that had Refused's new noise music and stuff sounded like a "jock jams" type cut up but i can't find it anywhere? Is it custom?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

/Bump

Anyone?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast