Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

UAB kicking the crap outta UT

Hats off To UAB if they win today they deserve it. They have domininated UT. I bet they are close or over 500 yrd offense on UT. Not to take away anything from UAB but UT seems lost or something.
    GO VOLS

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: UAB kicking the crap outta UT

Poole went out with the injury and they're not the same team. It's been that way all year. If he's in they're much better.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Agreed on that. Poole is a stud. UAB whipped UT in every aspect but the final score. UAB had some good players
    GO VOLS

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

the passing yards given up and the sacks allowed has to scare UT.

and Lung, why no Bray yet? Simms has been less than spectacular to say the least.

but Poole is the best offensive player aside from Stocker, him going out really killed their mojo on offense.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They started 3 freshmen on the OL today. That's a big reason for the sacks. I was confused as to what in the hell was going on on defense a lot today. They looked completely lost. They need a major talent upgrade in the secondary and at LB. Art Evans and Anthony Anderson are a joke and should never see the field at a place like UT. Teague I think will be good, but he had a month to learn to play DB after playing WR last year. Gordon will be good, but he's a freshmen and is too agressive sometimes. The DL got plenty of pressure and I thought it was a matter of time till they knocked the qb out of the game. They beat him to death and he'd throw lolipops up and the DB's would sit there and watch the ball land in the receivers arms not making a play until the the receiver touched the ball.

They put Bray in against UTM and he struggled badly. He'll be fine but Simms is just better now. Simms wasn't bad today I thought. He doesn't have any kind of touch on his passes and needs to take a few 100 miles off some of them, but I thought he played decent today. Rogers dropped a couple easy ones, Moore dropped a sure TD, Hunter dropped a first down, Stocker had a TD go off his fingertips (it would have been a hell of a catch). Simms isn't going to do a lot to win games, he just needs to manage games. He's a stop gap till next year I think.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i think the depth of UTs defense is what is keeping teams in the game.
    Gordon played excellent vs. UF last week, he is very young but really talented.

once teague gets more comfortable and gets his groove he will be the best DB UT has, he has all kinds of talent.

the DBs looked really bad today tho, its not like UAB has andre johnson and greg jennings on the outside at wr but they were still able to consistently complete passes and racked up 400(? it was close) passing yards.

UTs LBs were not great today either, they let way too many underneath passes and open guys go unchecked. out of position a lot too, that surprised me a lot.

Evans was bad today, really bad. I doubt he starts next week.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    Evans was bad today, really bad. I doubt he starts next week.
    He will. I don't know how, but he will. The last couple of years have been the weakest (talent wise) that I've ever seen UT's LB corp and I've been watching them since the early 80's. No talent. Reveiz plays his ass off, he's just not fast, not athletic. The same could be said for Thompson. They're both 5'8"-5'10" guys. I don't think Frazier is bad, it'll just take him a while to recoup from the shredded knee. Hopefully, Askew can finally have the light come on and be a player next year. If AJ Johnson sticks as a commit, he's a starter from day 1.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

U.T.'s defense is on the field just entirely too long and that wears them down. Although, I did like what I saw in them. They are young and talented, now if they can just get the offense to get some kind of rhythm, they will get better. Give Dooley time and he will turh that team around. Remember, most of these players are Fulmer/Kiffen recruits. Give Dooley's recruits time to come into the picture.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

UT is probably on the phone with AJ right now Lung, if he chooses UT he will start I agree.

Revis plays really hard and with passion, but the physical tools are not there. He is very small and just cannot make all the plays a SEC team needs their best LB to make.

UT used to eb LBU as well in the 90s, its weird to see a UT team with their biggest weakness the back 7.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeJones View Post
    Agreed on that. Poole is a stud. UAB whipped UT in every aspect but the final score. UAB had some good players
    The final score is the only stat that matters mikey.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast