Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: UAB kicking the crap outta UT

The only crap kicking I saw was UAB's kicker. UT still won at least they were not playing JMU or Jacksonvillie St.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    Evans was bad today, really bad. I doubt he starts next week.
    Evans didn't even play against UAB. He was hurt. Jackson, Wagner, and Teague all played over 90 snaps. Gordon would have but he was terrible and they put Anthony Anderson in for him but he was even worse. But.....

The problem with the defense is the front 4. We can't get any type of pressure on anyone. It has been that way all year. We did hit Ellis several times against UAB but if you really watched it was on delayed blitzes and he still had time to complete the passes. For Christ sake we played Greg Ayers last week at DT. (I think that is his name). He was on the scout team the week before. We played J. Smith and Corey Miller at DT this week along with Thomas and Hughes. But still couldn't really disrupt anything.

I haven't been impressed at all with Wilcox. We are terrible on 3rd down. And that is when you have to mix up what you are doing and be creative. We haven't stopped anyone on 3rd down.

All that said. It basically comes down to we just don't have much talent or depth. We have like 65 kids right now. This is going to take time. And it is going to take longer than a couple of years. If we miss on some kids evaluations in the next few classes. This could take a decade. The future doesn't look to bright right now. The recruiting better pick up and we can't miss on all these 3 star kids evaluations or we are going to continue to see the same.
    "Players win games. Teams win championships."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

UT put out a dvd a few years ago called decade of dominance. I think we are staring at maybe decade of insignificance, the desire is there but the talent is so lacking it may be ten years before we can compete with UF and Alabama again. The only thing that keeps it from being a bigger story is the downhill slide of Georgia, which is mind blowing considering their talent. 7 or 8 wins maybe the norm for a long time in Knoxville, hope I am wrong but unless every 5 star player wants to come help it may be awhile for a better day to come

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VOL61 View Post
    Evans didn't even play against UAB. He was hurt. Jackson, Wagner, and Teague all played over 90 snaps. Gordon would have but he was terrible and they put Anthony Anderson in for him but he was even worse. But.....

The problem with the defense is the front 4. We can't get any type of pressure on anyone. It has been that way all year. We did hit Ellis several times against UAB but if you really watched it was on delayed blitzes and he still had time to complete the passes. For Christ sake we played Greg Ayers last week at DT. (I think that is his name). He was on the scout team the week before. We played J. Smith and Corey Miller at DT this week along with Thomas and Hughes. But still couldn't really disrupt anything.

I haven't been impressed at all with Wilcox. We are terrible on 3rd down. And that is when you have to mix up what you are doing and be creative. We haven't stopped anyone on 3rd down.

All that said. It basically comes down to we just don't have much talent or depth. We have like 65 kids right now. This is going to take time. And it is going to take longer than a couple of years. If we miss on some kids evaluations in the next few classes. This could take a decade. The future doesn't look to bright right now. The recruiting better pick up and we can't miss on all these 3 star kids evaluations or we are going to continue to see the same.
    Is Evans not #36? I thought that was him.

Its the depth that kills UT, esp on defense. I said that earlier. They play great for a half, then the guys just do not have the quality depth to keep players fresh.

UT has a great tradition of winning and bringing in good players. I dont see all the gloom and doom just yet.
    Remember, in 2007 Alabama was 7-6 and lost to ULM. All it takes is a good coach to turn the ship around, and I really like CDD. He will run the team the right way, and will eventually be back to the top of the East. UGA is in worse shape than UT right now IMO. UGA prob has the better team this year, but they are on a serious slide, whereas UT is on the way up. Yall can even steal all of UGA's big recruits, except one.

Stay the hell away from Isiah Crowell!! lol
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    Is Evans not #36? I thought that was him.
    Evans is 25. I assumed you were talking about Anderson when you said that. Evan's is just awful though. He can tackle, but can't cover for ****. When he commited to UT I was really excited because he looked great. He came from Florida and was making kids look stupid on film. I found out months later he played for a Christian school and mainly against other Christian schools.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I wont disagree with you there Biggin. I have been saying the same thing ( other than Crowell). No Evans is 25. 36 is Anderson. TN has to get its cupboard restocked. Its as empty as its ever been. Honestly, Saban walked into a much better situation than Dooley did from a depth/talent perspective. It definitely will not hurt UT that UGA is struggling when it comes to trying to raid the state of GA. That will help come NSD.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dooley isn't Saban. I like Dooley. I like the way he is going about this. But the fact is there are not many Saban's out there. Bama was lucky to get the guy. If they hadn't they could very well still be in a funk. But the truth is even if Saban would have taken this job. I don't think we would be in much better shape right now.

If you listened to Dooley's press conference yesterday. Out of the 60 or so that will travel to LSU only about 30 had ever been on a road trip at UT. That says it all. I mean we are in a place that is somewhere we have never been in my lifetime. And honestly this conference isn't set up very well for teams that are rebuilding. I mean we eat our young in this leauge. It is going to be a very tough job.

I think Saban had a 10# ranked class in his first year then followed with two back to back #1 classes. That is why Bama is where they are. I think we had a great class last year and I think this class so far is a little weak. That worries me. You have to be in the Top 5 if you are going to compete for championships in this leauge. I do think this class will be very heavy on linemen which sometimes hurts your rankings. But We can't miss on many kids. If we do this could take awhile.

Evans isn't that bad. Besides Wagner he is probably our best DB. Which is sad. I admit that. But Jackson hasn't played well at all. Gordon can't even get lined up right and has bust after bust. Teauge is starting to come on but he has struggled as well. He is still learning and can't play up on a reciever at all. We are hurting everywhere.....
    "Players win games. Teams win championships."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Please don't get me confused with trying to compare Dooley to Saban. I am just saying Bama was in much better shape overall when Nick took over versus what Dooley inherited. What you mentioned above is evidence of that. I did watch yesterdays presser and it is amazing that UT is goign to take 65-68 kids and almost half have never made a road trip before with UT. This going into Death Valley one of the toughest places to play in America. Its a tall order. I just hope patience is given to Dooley, especially if Hamilton is replaced in the near future. I dont want the program jerked around anymore.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by joe morgan View Post
    The final score is the only stat that matters mikey.

True but they were extremely lucky to get the score they did. The poor Kicker for UAB was UT's best player.
    GO VOLS

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

what i was saying is that at a tradition rich school with the right coach in place, success will come with time. and i believe CDD is a good coach, that he will turn the ship in the right direction.

and what is the deat with J. Jackson? I expected him to be UTs best player by far and be All-SEC caliber but he has been less than stellar so far.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast