Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Wrong ball!

Before hand you have the coach and player interacting that this is not the correct ball and a coach even trying to show a ball to swap out. Snap counts have nothing to do with unsportsmanlike conduct and neither does snapping to a different player. An act by a coach to influence the play vocally is unsportsmanlike, no different than a defensive player trying to simulate the cadence of the offense during a play.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can't tell in the first or third video but in that second one is that even a legal snap? The center just turns as he stands and hands the ball to the QB.
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SBG View Post
    I can't tell in the first or third video but in that second one is that even a legal snap? The center just turns as he stands and hands the ball to the QB.
    The center can stand up to snap the ball, correct? I don't think there is anything says it has to be snapped between the legs. It's live though as soon as he moves the ball.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1inStripes View Post
    Before hand you have the coach and player interacting that this is not the correct ball and a coach even trying to show a ball to swap out. Snap counts have nothing to do with unsportsmanlike conduct and neither does snapping to a different player. An act by a coach to influence the play vocally is unsportsmanlike, no different than a defensive player trying to simulate the cadence of the offense during a play.
    So what if the coach doesn't do anything, still illegal?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking Re: Wrong ball!

Quote Originally Posted by 1inStripes View Post
    first play you are correct, the second play the coach just raised the ball in the air, is that different than a coach calling in a play with signals? maybe that is their signal for that play?
    Cant we all just get along?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Okay I was slightly off on the rule. It falls under Rule 9-9 Art. 1:

A player or nonplayer or person(s) not subject to the rules shall not hinder play by an unfair act which has no specific rule coverage.

Once this type of action "Wrong ball coach" or "I forgot the tee let me go get it" stuff like that takes place, the whistle should be blown when its evident that the offense is using action or verbiage designed to confuse the defense into believing there is a problem and a snap isn't imminent is beyond the scope of sportsmanship and is illegal.

Its really not that different than say the hidden ball trick. The penalty is unsportsmanlike conduct. 15 yards.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"watchem cooper"
    GO VOLS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12