Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

end of an era

Well Phil Robbins had his final game coaching for PV today. This is definitely the end of an era. So much has happened at Powell Valley since 1983 because of him.

PV will miss him and I wish him good luck in all his endeavors post PV.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: end of an era

i heard the majority of people are glad he is gone. heard he was a class 1 jerk.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

then you heard wrong.
    what you heard was a big pile of bull****.

but its nothign like that, you are just a person trying to take shots at the greatest coach in SWVA history.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

Inactive Member collegetrumpet2010's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ta1971 View Post
    i heard the majority of people are glad he is gone. heard he was a class 1 jerk.
    Maybe he was a jerk but you can't deny that he is one of the greatest coaches in the history of the area.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry, Biggin. But he was worse than a class 1 jerk. There's no word to describe it. Although he can be described as one of if not the best coach in SWVA. Nobody can argue that. I think he tainted his legacy by staying so much longer. He didn't achieve anything else but some more wins and a state loss. His legacy would've been fabulous if he'd remained undefeated in state championship games. But he stayed too long and ruined that. But it is what it is and he is how he is and there's nothing that can change that. Thankfully, the Fat Phil era is done.
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I guess you can almost nobody has a good legacy then since almost nobody goes out on top. Phil gets respect for the way he built a program, not for the wins or state titles, although you can't take anything away from them. Could Phil annoy the crack out of anybody? Absolutely. But who doesn't. And over a length of time, name a coach who hasn't?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's not about going out on top. That's a very rare thing. But it's clear he stuck around for himself when somebody else could have had time to try to do something with those kids. And I think he stuck around trying to be the final PV football coach. Pure ego. His ego has always mattered more to him than anything and anybody else. Be that as it may I do agree he has earned the respect as a coach he deserves. And I agree that all coaches annoy us at some time or another. But for Fat Phil it was a constant thing and that makes it a lot worse. Like I said before, he is what and how he is and that will never change. He's had an amazing career and deserves all the accolades. I'm just glad it's done and over. And that's the opinion of just one person/former PV player so don't get too worked up about it.
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SBG View Post
    It's not about going out on top. That's a very rare thing. But it's clear he stuck around for himself when somebody else could have had time to try to do something with those kids. And I think he stuck around trying to be the final PV football coach. Pure ego. His ego has always mattered more to him than anything and anybody else. Be that as it may I do agree he has earned the respect as a coach he deserves. And I agree that all coaches annoy us at some time or another. But for Fat Phil it was a constant thing and that makes it a lot worse. Like I said before, he is what and how he is and that will never change. He's had an amazing career and deserves all the accolades. I'm just glad it's done and over. And that's the opinion of just one person/former PV player so don't get too worked up about it.
    I like you, but you are totally wrong. Phil was going to leave a while ago, but he decided to stay because people WANTED him to stay. It had nothing to do with wanting to the last PV coach, or anything like that. Thats facts, there is no disputing that whatsoever.

And to act like someone else could do a better job at PV is really funny, because its totally absurd. So you are trying to tell us that a new coach, with no real experience or anything, would be a better option than a 7-time state champion winning coach? Thats insane.
    I dunno what your problem is with him, but worse than a class 1 jerk? He might have been an arrogant guy, but what has Phil ever done that was so terrible? What has he ever done to be seen as anything more than a ****y guy who spouts off at the mouth? A terrible human commits crimes, assaults people, etc...

Tons of people dont like Phil, but most recognize that Phil is a great coach, and PV was extremely lucky to have him as long as they did.
    There are plenty of people who dont like Phil (on teh forum as well), but you act like he was the worst human being on the planet, which could not be further from the truth.

Im sorry you have such resentment towards him, but you are wrong when you say Phil's ego kept him at PV.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I go to school with kids that a previous PV players and they say he is an ass and that no one likes him. straight from the horses mouth

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyd50 View Post
    I go to school with kids that a previous PV players and they say he is an ass and that no one likes him. straight from the horses mouth
    Haha, you are such a moron.
    Thats the biggest load of **** ever.

People's opinions about Phil vary, and he is def. a big personality, but to say no one likes him is the funniest thing I have ever read.

I disagree with SBG, but im not gonna insult him, because at least he is from PV and knew Phil somewhat.

but you dont know Phil, you dont know PV, frankly you dont know jack ****.

Only a person with no intelligence whatsoever would believe that talking to 2-3 PV players represents the whole town of BSG and PVHS.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast