Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: end of an era

I do know something. I do know Phil, I sit in his class at college, we talk, I didnt say I had a problem with him. But the 6 of 7 kids that played for him hate him with a passion and wish he would fall off the earth. Idk why you are being so defensive. maybe if you would something besides stare at a computer screen you might be a nice guy. But I hear looking at Tv's and screens like that cause people to be mean and irritable:coffeedrinker:

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyd50 View Post
    I do know something. I do know Phil, I sit in his class at college, we talk, I didnt say I had a problem with him. But the 6 of 7 kids that played for him hate him with a passion and wish he would fall off the earth. Idk why you are being so defensive. maybe if you would something besides stare at a computer screen you might be a nice guy. But I hear looking at Tv's and screens like that cause people to be mean and irritable:coffeedrinker:
    You call me defensive yet you say nobody likes him and he is a horse's ass.

Your last post called him a horse's ass yet you say you dont have a problem with him.

I would wager that the players you mention, IF tehy really said that (which I doubt), they most likely did not play, sat the bench but they were the better players but only didnt play because Phil didnt like them or whatever, right?

Thats usually the complaint from former PV players. they thought they were great, but they werent, and could not accept that they were not as good as the kid in front of them.

You've made it clear on here you dislike Phil, dont be a pus5y about it now.

oh, im a VERY nice guy, to a fault sometimes. But I will stand up for people I know and respect when people get on here and spout **** thats incredibly moronic and false.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    I would wager that the players you mention, IF tehy really said that (which I doubt), they most likely did not play, sat the bench but they were the better players but only didnt play because Phil didnt like them or whatever, right?
    More likely since he's in school with them now, it's one of the primadona's that made up a good 80% of those who've been on one of the abominations that have been the past 3-5 PV teams that have no heart, give little effort, and have even less talent. When you own those glowing qualities in bold, you've got to have someone else to blame because you're sure not going to own up to it.

The team this year is low on talent, but their effort has far surpassed some of the last few years teams.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    I like you, but you are totally wrong. Phil was going to leave a while ago, but he decided to stay because people WANTED him to stay. It had nothing to do with wanting to the last PV coach, or anything like that. Thats facts, there is no disputing that whatsoever.

And to act like someone else could do a better job at PV is really funny, because its totally absurd. So you are trying to tell us that a new coach, with no real experience or anything, would be a better option than a 7-time state champion winning coach? Thats insane.
    I dunno what your problem is with him, but worse than a class 1 jerk? He might have been an arrogant guy, but what has Phil ever done that was so terrible? What has he ever done to be seen as anything more than a ****y guy who spouts off at the mouth? A terrible human commits crimes, assaults people, etc...

Tons of people dont like Phil, but most recognize that Phil is a great coach, and PV was extremely lucky to have him as long as they did.
    There are plenty of people who dont like Phil (on teh forum as well), but you act like he was the worst human being on the planet, which could not be further from the truth.

Im sorry you have such resentment towards him, but you are wrong when you say Phil's ego kept him at PV.
    If I am wrong I stand corrected. And I never said anybody could exactly do better. But based on the last several years somebody might could have had a better season or two in there than he did. The problem with a legend is nobody can do better because supporters include their entire career. Nobody else can match that vs Fat Phil. But based on the last 5 seasons or so maybe. And I did say maybe. And if he has been a saint to you every time you see him then great. My opinion doesn't stem from my time on the team only. But he has been an absolute ass, for lack of a better (or worse as it may be...LoL) term, to me and several members of my family for years. Now lots of people won't believe that and think I'm FOS but that's you're right. I'm not going to lie about it. Believe that if you will. But you will notice that unlike others I don't try to convince other people to feel the same way. I feel the way I do and you the way you do. That's the way it should be. And my issue with PR is off the field. There's no arguing against what he has done on it. The records prove that. And I think it's great to have been a minute part of that and watch it unfold in my lifetime. But thanks for being open minded and respecting my opinion. :2thumbsup:
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I really think Phil done about as good of a job as whole as anyone could with what was in uniform at PV the last couple of years.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Definatly an end of an Era of Greatness. I don't care who coached at PV the last 10 years, the Talent Level in the Gap is just down...like much the rest of the area. Best of Luck Phil!
    [IMG]http://he-man.us/Innovations/He-ManGifs/SkeletorYellBig1.gif[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Robbins is gone. Everybody take a deep breath and calm down. If you like him fine if you don't fine let the man retire in peace. This reminds me of the media when someone dies or leaves, 85 people you never heard of start being critical. The man jerk or not, has a record no one will match around here ever. If this is the bull he put up with at PV the last 5 years I would have quit then and left the Stoners too themselves.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My comments on Phil are based on an opinion, and to be honest, he can and has been a horse's hindquarters at times. Did he believe his own hype at times? Absolutely. Did he make bad decisions at times? Absolutely once again. If anybody thinks though that Powell Valley had something great the last few years, they are kind of out there. Phil's biggest problem the last however many years ago it is/was now was thinking he had the next generation of Jones, and falling in love with that idea. If anything he probably lost touch with the generation and the kids by losing assistants, not so much of a change in him or anything. If you want to say he probably was stubborn to a fault, I'll agree with on that but sometimes that stubborn benefits, especially when the talent matches

I can definitely appreciate where someone would not have liked Phil, particularly if they were in his doghouse because he's about too stubborn to admit he was wrong or made a mistake. You can talk about the man wanting to be the last PV coach or whatever but I kind of think thats silly, Phil wanted to win, and at the end of the day, the man is/has been breaking down but was still there. It's always easy to down someone, dang easy, but appreciate what someone gave and did. Nobody is saying talk about how saintly he was, or anything along those lines, but realize what he did give to the program and the area. Now did he like the praise and attention? Heck yeah, anybody who thinks Phil didn't have plenty of ego and liked praise is silly but you know what, he's earned the right to have a lot of ego too.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Inactive Member collegetrumpet2010's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
    Definatly an end of an Era of Greatness. I don't care who coached at PV the last 10 years, the Talent Level in the Gap is just down...like much the rest of the area. Best of Luck Phil!
    I don't care if it was Bear Bryant. Sure there was an unbelievable run of talent at PV. It wakes a great coach to turn that talent into championships.

Which other coach around here has missed the playoffs only twice in a 28 year period of time?

He's a jerk. He's arrogant. But he has the right to be arrogant with stats like that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah well Mack Shupe could be an arrogant arse as well,but no one cares when the state titles are being hoisted. I'll not be sending Phil Robbins Hallmark cards at Christmas,but I sure as heck respect what the man did for that program/on the field.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast