Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Football Coach at PV

Quote Originally Posted by valour View Post
    Let me jump in just a moment. He was never saying that PV has always been a terrible team, he has given past PV teams props for what they have accomplished. On the other hand in reality he is right, he states that no one can live off the past victories in the present sense of PV football or any other sport for that matter. I think what he might be saying is PV is not the "top dogs" any more, the days of domination have been over for some years now.

When he uses the illustration about Rome it illustrates and draws a comparrison between PV football and the once Roman Empire. He wasnt comparing Rome to PV football, rather he was making an example using The Roman Empire and I agree with him.

I love PV football and it has a deep tradition and I also believe that with it being on a resume would help anyone and would open doors for coaches. Coach Jones, according to what I have heard was a heck of a coach when he was with PV for a number of seasons. I beleive in the influence of good coaches.

I do not believe that PV football is dead, it just needs to get back on track, and i soon believe it will. Now with the comparison of JJ Kelly football and PV football??? JJ Kelly has come a long way , but their schedule is one of the easiest you will find around here and PV has the toughest by far. If PV had the schedule that JJ Kelly has their record at the end of the year would be a lot better I would say.
    a) you are not him, and that is not what he is saying.

he keeps saying that PV football is dead. Not dying, dead. he says that PV will never be an elite program again, and i pointed out how silly it was to assume that at this stage.
    gate city went 23 years without a state title, were they dead?
    PV last won a state title 13 years ago.

b) the rome analogy.

first one, i knew what he saying. its pretty obvious, it doesnt take a rocket scientist or an iss teacher to figure it out.

but, its a bad analogy, and wrong.

rome fell over 300 years. rome was a slow, long process to fall. and rome didnt just "fall" it slowly became less powerful until Romulus was suceeded by Odoacer of Germany.(if i remember correctly).
    PV has had two mediocre years.
    PV played for a state title 6 years ago and a region title less than five. if PV had been bad for 10+ years, he may be right. but it hasnt, so he is wrong and thats a horrible analogy, no matter who agrees.

oh and for someone from ohio, you sure know a lot about PV football and appreciate the history awful much for an Ohioan
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool Re: Football Coach at PV

So who's going to be the new Coach? Get back on the subject and quit arguing about the past.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If PV want's to win any games then don't pick Turner. Better off going with Morris or Palmer.
    [img]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i92/chilo0907/obama.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l276/fanofreed41/obama_button.png[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Whoever gets this job is going to be in for it anyway. How would you like to follow a legend. Good Luck to ya Vikings, and your new coach whoever it is.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    a) you are not him, and that is not what he is saying.

he keeps saying that PV football is dead. Not dying, dead. he says that PV will never be an elite program again, and i pointed out how silly it was to assume that at this stage.
    gate city went 23 years without a state title, were they dead?
    PV last won a state title 13 years ago.

b) the rome analogy.

first one, i knew what he saying. its pretty obvious, it doesnt take a rocket scientist or an iss teacher to figure it out.

but, its a bad analogy, and wrong.

rome fell over 300 years. rome was a slow, long process to fall. and rome didnt just "fall" it slowly became less powerful until Romulus was suceeded by Odoacer of Germany.(if i remember correctly).
    PV has had two mediocre years.
    PV played for a state title 6 years ago and a region title less than five. if PV had been bad for 10+ years, he may be right. but it hasnt, so he is wrong and thats a horrible analogy, no matter who agrees.

oh and for someone from ohio, you sure know a lot about PV football and appreciate the history awful much for an Ohioan

Well, I tried to be the advocate here. What I comprehended from what he said was PV is not been so good lately and if the combining of the schools takes place then the team PV will be no more.:2thumbsup:
    [img]http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/7057/willferralcowbell2tn.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dawgman View Post
    If PV want's to win any games then don't pick Turner. Better off going with Morris or Palmer.
    What is your logic in saying PV cannot win games with Turner in the driver seat? How do you come to this conclusion?

Inactive Member collegetrumpet2010's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by valour View Post
    What is your logic in saying PV cannot win games with Turner in the driver seat? How do you come to this conclusion?
    I saw this coming a few years ago.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by collegetrumpet2010 View Post
    I saw this coming a few years ago.
    Saw what coming? That some would not be pro-Turner?

Inactive Member collegetrumpet2010's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My bad. I saw it coming that Turner would take the spot.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dude, that's a really lame and unsophisticated comparison even though you clearly think that it is the height of intellectual argument. Rome was a political entity. An empire that ruled much of the globe and subjugated many thousands of peoples across the mediterranean region. They ruled under the Ceasars with an iron hand and mastered the art of ancient warfare. Powell Valley is a high school that has a pretty good football team from time to time. You, my friend, are an idiot who tries to make witty and unkind comparisons to our football program because you have some misguided streak of evny. Get a life.