Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Football Coach at PV

I would like to thank everyone who participated with me in my dissenting opinion on this topic, this all got started when I said "does it really matter who the last coach of Powell Valley is" I have been called arrogant, ignorant and jealous. I am not arrogant ask anyone who knows me, I am defiantly not ignorant, and by all means not jealous of any football team, my teams I follow do fine and I am a happy fan. I do think my analogy of The Roman Empire was correct, Rome did fall over a time, so has Vikings football, the old gray viking ain't what he used to be. I respect to the ends of Virginia Powell Valley and every other SW Va. football team, but SW Va. as a whole seems to slip a little further every few years, we have lost so many people, it is hard to keep up with the rest of the Commonwealth. If I hurt anyone feelings I'm sorry but you don't shoot the doctor when he tells you you have cancer, but as long as you have me I'll hang out here and see what I can see.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heneedsa View Post
    I would like to thank everyone who participated with me in my dissenting opinion on this topic, this all got started when I said "does it really matter who the last coach of Powell Valley is" I have been called arrogant, ignorant and jealous. I am not arrogant ask anyone who knows me, I am defiantly not ignorant, and by all means not jealous of any football team, my teams I follow do fine and I am a happy fan. I do think my analogy of The Roman Empire was correct, Rome did fall over a time, so has Vikings football, the old gray viking ain't what he used to be. I respect to the ends of Virginia Powell Valley and every other SW Va. football team, but SW Va. as a whole seems to slip a little further every few years, we have lost so many people, it is hard to keep up with the rest of the Commonwealth. If I hurt anyone feelings I'm sorry but you don't shoot the doctor when he tells you you have cancer, but as long as you have me I'll hang out here and see what I can see.
    When reading what you typed I got the vibe that you meant well and you actually made sense. I tried to tell them that but they would not listen.
    [img]http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/7057/willferralcowbell2tn.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the kind words.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heneedsa View Post
    a) didnt call you arrogant, said that constantly trying to say PV is dead and will never be good is an arrogant THOUGHT. never once called you arrogant. the thought is arrogant.

b) no, the rome analogy is terrible, ive already explained why. If PV had been down that long, how do you explain a state title berth 6 years ago and playing for the Region less than four years ago? you say you are debating but never address those points, plus the point about your "records are who are you" statement that I showed you was wrong, since JJK has had a better record but PV beat them head to head.

nobody is trying to metaphorically shoot you, but I have consistently shown that your thesis is wrong and very premature.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No, heneedsa, you don't need to backtrack now. Stop pretending like you're on here to respect Powell Valley or any other SWVa football team with whom your school competes. You're sarcastically gloating and have yet to make a serious point. Oh, and thanks for being the "doctor" as if any other reasonably knowledgeable PV fan doesn't know what's going on with the Powell Valley Football program. Have a swell day.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have kinda moved on from this, I just spoke my opinion. You either liked it or you didn't apparently you didn't. I believe what I typed and that will never change. Maybe you should observe a little closer, and get over it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by centennialdawg View Post
    I have but one question: Just how many NFL running backs are strolling up and down the streets of Wise? Hell, even Appalachia had someone make it to the NFL and played. Yeah, I remember Carroll Dale, but, were, are there anymore? Oh, and how many has Gate City had? I don't think I can think of even one from Gate City getting into the NFL. What happened to the famous Houseright boys?
    How many former LPD football players have Super Bowl rings? I think Carroll Dale has 2.:snickerpup:

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I remember on a sports hunting show, years ago, that he and a couple other pro football retirees were on. It was a hunting show. One person asked him where he was from and he replied he was from Wisconson and not from Wise, Va. It took several years before he would finally come to terms and say publicly that he was from the mountains of SWVA. So, your "native son"as you all like to call him really did not want anything to do with our neck of the woods. Not until K.Y. Jelly named their field Carroll Dale stadium, did he finally acknowledge being from here. All the other pro players from around here never hid the fact they were from here. Even Tracy Stallard, who so famously served up Roger Maris' record breaking homerun pitch, always proudly stated the fact he was from Coeburn. Willie Horton always said he was from Arno, Va.(more specifically) Beechwood Hollow. Paul Davis, who graduated from Appalahia in the mid 70's states he is from Appalachia. He, BTW, played for Oakland Raiders, NY Giants, and the Falcons.