Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Introducing the New PV head Coach

So now matter who was hired, there would be folks protesting.
    You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by retiredteach View Post
    Yes, it looks that way. the new coach needs to be given a chance to run the program. Everyone needs to put their emotions aside and support him. I would be saying the same thing no matter who got it.
    [img]http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/7057/willferralcowbell2tn.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by retiredteach View Post
    Not protesting his hire as I think it is a good fit for everyone involved. I don't know if that was his offense this past year, but no matter who's it was, it was a horrible offense. I hope he changes that. The point I was trying to make is that he has proven all his critics wrong as to whether he can coach a sport. He knows his stuff, he would have to. Afterall, he is the son of one of the best coaches in the history of our region, if not the state. He also learned under one of THE best coaches in the state in Robbins.

The offense P.V. ran would have worked better if they had more speed at the key positions. P.V. did not have the type of speed to run that particular offense for it to be successful.

There is no protest from me on his hire. I, for one am glad he got it. He deserves his chance.

On another note, a lot of people from Appy are critical of him because they feel "betrayed" in that he even thought about going to P.V. to coach or even teach. I think he has shown that even one of Appy's "homegrown" can let things go when they become adults. Kudos for him!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Amen, cdawg.
    You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Terrible hire. PV should hire a coach with a resume and experience worthy of the job. This was just a political move to help ease the hostility of consolidation. His last name got him this job

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you really think that it was his offense this year, or that he was even calling plays you are very naive. Did you not watch him on the sidelines. He had no part in the play calling at all he just stood be side Phil and listened like a good assistant should. Phil called the plays, did the game planning and made all the decisions. Did you not notice Phil talked to the kids during the timeouts for the offense and Travis did nothing. You all need to really pay more attention and quit believing the crap you read in newspapers or hear on radios. Make no mistake that was Phil Robbins team and Phil Robbins offense this year.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by larry_legend View Post
    If you really think that it was his offense this year, or that he was even calling plays you are very naive. Did you not watch him on the sidelines. He had no part in the play calling at all he just stood be side Phil and listened like a good assistant should. Phil called the plays, did the game planning and made all the decisions. Did you not notice Phil talked to the kids during the timeouts for the offense and Travis did nothing. You all need to really pay more attention and quit believing the crap you read in newspapers or hear on radios. Make no mistake that was Phil Robbins team and Phil Robbins offense this year.
    LOL, what I said was that if it was his offense, then I wish he would scrap it. I did not say he was calling the plays, I saw what was going on, I am not a fool. Lol, I like the hire, I have nothing against it. You are reading into something that is not there. You are a very imaginative person. I guess that is why you call yourself "legend".

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by larry_legend View Post
    He was the offensive coordinator, he is an offensive guy. He practices with the offenses, he is involved in playcalling and gameplanning, etc...

I paid quite a bit of attention, I know who called most of the plays and made most of the decisions. but TT was involved in the process. The point was that TT has never been a head coach at this level and his side of the ball, offense, was not very good this year.

But to assume its a mere coincidence that PV totally rehauled their offense for one year and TT had no input is silly.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

Inactive Member collegetrumpet2010's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's a new era on the Viking ship in BSG for sure. If he was in charge of the playcalling at PV, he's got to change it.

I say let him run the football program.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So he will be the coach for 1 or 2 years until consolidation?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast