Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: If yall cant even beat us..

Bama won in OT without making a FG in OT. That about explains it. Dats all Ize sayin'
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yeah, Dee Bost, a POINT GUARD, plays like Hopson.

or Hazell, a VOLUME shooter.

or Moore, a shooter.

Ross, the guy who shot 33% on FIFTEEN shots? two of those were threes, and he was perfect from the line. Its not like Ross had 20 on 10 shots and made a bunch of shots, he didnt.

Hopson is a slasher, a guy who gets to the rim, in the SEC. Which is what we are talking about, SEC play.

I said it once, I was razzing Lung, but the point stands. Bama allows like 35% from the field and only 57 ppg. And in SEC play, the only two you mentioned, Ross and Bost (who is a PG, NOT like Hopson), got their points in games that were not close. Bama beat AU comfortably and RAILED MSU, a team YOU picked to win the SEC, twice.

The only player you mentioned that fits the mold is Augustus, and he didnt have 17 did he?
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And VT, the team that people said could contend for the ACC title, was preseason ranked, was supposed to finally be the team this year that made real noise, just lost to BC.

theres like 5 teams tied for 4th in the ACC, is that not correct? All of them are 5-4, right?

So yeah, its pretty funny that big bad VT lost to BC.

And Stripes, the game was in Knoxvegas. Like I said I didnt get to watch, but listened. Ima have a hard time buying the refs screwed UT on their home court lol

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Morshon Brooks also fits that mold...he had 33

regardless, you talked about Bama's ability to defend the perimeter...and correct if I'm wrong...but the PG is out on the perimeter....i don't know maybe they have changed that and now the PG plays on the blocks...but with Hillman (the guy you mentioned would guard Hopson) at 6'2, he and Steele both can guard a PG if the kid is really beating you

also let's not go overboard with how many PPG Alabama is allowing...they also only score 68 ppg themselves, which is good enough for 216th in the nation...what does that tell you? if you don't score a lot and don't give up a lot, it generally means you play a slow tempo...so you might want to adjust your stat on how much Bama gives up per game
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

-Martin Luther King Jr.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    And VT, the team that people said could contend for the ACC title, was preseason ranked, was supposed to finally be the team this year that made real noise, just lost to BC.

theres like 5 teams tied for 4th in the ACC, is that not correct? All of them are 5-4, right?

So yeah, its pretty funny that big bad VT lost to BC.

And Stripes, the game was in Knoxvegas. Like I said I didnt get to watch, but listened. Ima have a hard time buying the refs screwed UT on their home court lol
    it's nowhere near the same team that was predicted to finish near the top of the ACC b/c they've been down to 8 scholarship players for over 2 months due to injuries...people are playing out of position and they're playing primarily zone which Greenberg has never done at any point in his career

but of course, you knew that, right...?
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

-Martin Luther King Jr.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

but if you want to compare VT and Alabama, they both are 15-7...except VT has played a much tougher schedule with only 8 scholarship players...

-Martin Luther King Jr.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Biggin, ESPN3 was having some issues in the first half, but I watched a portion of it and all of the rest of the game. I doubt theres very many games when a team wins in OT without making a shot from the field. There was some crazy calls toward the end of the 2nd half. A ball a Bama player dribbles off his knee goes to Bama. Harris cleanly ties up the ball, and a ref shielded from the play calls a foul on Harris. Im not saying it cost UT the game, they didn't play well today. Bama was lucky to convert some easy buckets at the end of the first half over unusual UT mistakes (Harris dribbling the ball off his thigh at midcout leading to a layup on the other end.. things like that)

Neither team looked good, but like I said, Bama shot more free throws in 5 minutes of OT, than they did the previous 40 minutes. TN shot 2. TN only fouled 1 to stop the clock at the end of the game also. It was just ugly, but dont think much of the TN homecourt/officiating thing. The only game one can argue in the SEC this year that TN has gotten benefit of the calls has been the UGA game.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

UT is the only team I've ever seen to get absolutely **** calls at home and better calls on the road. I don't know why that is, but it's been the case the last 2-3 years.

a nobody coach
    Oh yeah, I'd take that guy over most people. He's gonna be a hell of a coach.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bama will have to pony up some money if they want to keep Grant around. He is going to be in even higher demand than he was a couple of years ago very soon.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

heh, im super excited about Grant. He has done wonders for a team full of underachivers and no name guys. Im a big fan, but nobody knows him on teh national stage yet.

and Drew, you REALLY wanna compare a team that was picked to finish **** near LAST in teh SEC, THE SEC, a terrible conference, and a team that was preseason top 25 and supposed to finally break thru in a big time conference?

Im LOVING that. and a much tougher schedule is BS.
    Bama's SOS: .50
    VT's: .53
    WOW, what a huge difference.

RPIRatings.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast