Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Lame excuse...

Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    I agree with this. Its her choice to enter the competition. If she thinks she can cut it at that level, she needs to be grappled with at that level.
    Well, it was hard not to feel bad with her crying her eyes out and holding her arm like it was torn out of joint. Then long term it didn't help that for the next 3 months Josh kept telling him, "you made a girl cry".

We did all have some fun with the whole thing in class later. Jason would tell him he couldn't train that night because we didn't have any girls for him to roll with but at the time it happened it wasn't funny.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Unchained View Post
    Actually the scenario isn't much different at all. Both sports could be used to illustrate my point. To say that there's no comparison is off base as both sports rely heavily on strength which goes back to what I was pointing out as far as physical differences between males and females:2thumbsup:
    Yeah, its a ton different. Girls dont regularly line up at offensive tackle against boys; girls wrestle all the time. The physical differences are also more important in football whereas in wrestling some physical disadvantages can be overcame by technique and smarts. And its not as if 112 lb girls are wrestling 189 pound boys, they are all the same weight. The same cannot be said about football. Its not a very good comparison.

And Stripes, the girl had faced legit boys all year, and Iowa takes its wrestling very very seriously. The talent pool at the lower weights may be smaller but she had competed against boys all year long. I have no idea how the tournament was seeded and such, I just found results from matches throughout the year where she had defeated other boys.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i had no idea a 20-13 record could get someone into a state tourney...............
    Cant we all just get along?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Honistly I am not sure what to think I have 2 Daughters and I do not want to tell them that there is not anything that they can't do however once the kids hit puberty and testostron kicks the deck is stacked against the girls (Great example is that most of the top Womens Basketball teams reguarly practice against intermural mens teams in order to push them) I can understand a boy/man not wanting to physicaly matchup with a girl/woman for many reasons from fear of loseing to a girl all the way to embarasment of the "intamat contact" that happens in wresling matchs.........Working in Grundy I hear a hell of a lot of wresling storys and the ones involving women usualy goes 1 of 3 ways (1) the Boy forfits for whatever reason (2) the Boy holds back leading to a subpar match from both sides (3) the Guy has a point to prove and ends up hurting or tring to hurt the girl......From what I have been told (Never watched a match in person) it is extreamly rare to see a good match between a girl and Boy........

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gotch View Post
    Were you at the tournament were I reffed the absolute and Tara Larosa entered it? Then Spider (remember the really good purple from Nashville) got matched against her. He could score at will against her and you could tell that he could have subbed her anytime he wanted but just couldn't bring himself to do it. Even worse she knew it and it was ****ing her off. That was an uncomfortable mat......
    Yeah she kept telling him to come on but he wouldn't. I was looking at his face and you could really see how embarrased he was to be on the mat with a girl.
    crack is whack

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    i had no idea a 20-13 record could get someone into a state tourney...............

In comparison,the boy's record was 35-4
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    Yeah, its a ton different. Girls dont regularly line up at offensive tackle against boys; girls wrestle all the time. The physical differences are also more important in football whereas in wrestling some physical disadvantages can be overcame by technique and smarts. And its not as if 112 lb girls are wrestling 189 pound boys, they are all the same weight. The same cannot be said about football. Its not a very good comparison.

And Stripes, the girl had faced legit boys all year, and Iowa takes its wrestling very very seriously. The talent pool at the lower weights may be smaller but she had competed against boys all year long. I have no idea how the tournament was seeded and such, I just found results from matches throughout the year where she had defeated other boys.

The boy had plenty of technique and smarts as well though. In addition to that,he also had experience from the state tourney before,which in wrestling is HUGE. You can't be 35-4 in the nation's toughest wrestling state without that,so that point goes out the window as well. A combo of many factors is why I said what I said,and it has nothing to do with being sexist.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It don't matter now, she lost.
    crack is whack

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

From the point of view of the boy, it might not have been as much that he might hurt her, but he might have been thinking about the contact he would have with her that might not be appropriate. Think about it - most of the contact in wrestling happens from the neck to the crotch - and that is also the only individual sport in high school where boys and girls compete against each other. They don't compete against each other in tennis, track or cross country. Doesn't really make sense.

I commend him and agree with him totally.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Unchained View Post
    The boy had plenty of technique and smarts as well though. In addition to that,he also had experience from the state tourney before,which in wrestling is HUGE. You can't be 35-4 in the nation's toughest wrestling state without that,so that point goes out the window as well. A combo of many factors is why I said what I said,and it has nothing to do with being sexist.
    My point was that the size difference was negated by weight classes and a 112 pound girl isnt gonna be getting ran into full speed by a 200+ pound boy.

I didnt realize the boys record was that good (and be honest, you didnt either at first), but its really not fair to just assume the girl was terrible and the boy would steamroll her especially when the girl has beaten boys during the season.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast