Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Star NFL QB's and the round they were drafted in

Quote Originally Posted by Ironlung View Post
    UGA has 2 SECC's. UT hasn't won one since 98. They're 3rd in appearances, but 2-3 in the game. They choked one away in 01 against LSU who they beat earlier in the year. If they'd won that game they'd have played Miami for the NC.

The good thing about UT's picks is that most of them have been pretty productive/good players. Not a lot of busts out of the top guys either. UGA has had a bunch of **** players who've done nothing.
    01 LSU was the game I was remembering, UT beat them then gave the game away to Rohan Davey (is that right?) and LSU.

UT hasnt had a lot of busts at all, I guess Turk McBride is the biggest. He was a 2nd rounder IIRC.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They were dominating when Rohan was in. He got knocked out and Matt Mauck came in and ran that tricky play that Chavis couldn't figure out (the qb draw) to the MVP.

Turk played for a few years for KC at a decent level. I didn't/don't know if he's even in the league anymore.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My cousin is married to Maucks sister. He's a big UT fan and was sitting in the LSU section for that game. Im sure he gets a hard time from Matt over it.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Justin Harrell has been a disappointment to me. He has had a few injuries though. Parys Haralson has been better than I expected.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Joey Kent is probably biggest, he was a 2nd rounder IIRC and never did much in the league.

He was a Bama kid too, shame he made such a terrible career decision hah

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Joey came out in the 90's though. The one I thought of that stripes mentioned that hasn't done anything that suprised me is Harrell. He was a monster his JR and SR years (even when he had 1 arm). He's just never been able to translate it into success at the next level.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I couldnt remember if Kent graduated in 97 or 99, I knew it was one of the two.

Harrell didnt do much, I had forgotten about him. He was a late 1st round guy IIRC.
    Robert Ayers has talent and was a 1st rounder but hasnt lived up to it yet, he doesnt seem like he can handle the NFL speed yet.
    Toenia as well, he was a monster at UT but never had much success in the league. He was a bad character guy too.

Arron Sears was a great player and one of the better young OGs in the NFL before his injury, did he even play last year?

UT has had some major steals too, Mayo wasnt a 1st round guy but he is one of the best young LBs in the league, maybe the best young LB in the AFC.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Harrell went in the 1st to GB. Around that 20 something slot.

Ayers never had 1st round talent. He just blew up at the SR bowl and worked his way into a #1 slot. When I've seen Denver games he plays well, but he wasn't a 1st round pick.

Toeaina was a joke. In college and as a pro. He wasn't even drafted and was a free agent guy.

Sears is a good, talented guy. He's having a lot of mental instability problems now from all of the concussions he's had. I think they put him on the PUP list last year because of that.

Mayo was a top 10 first round pick by the Pats.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you want to talk steals, Arian Foster is the dude. Undrafted to pro bowler and league rushing title.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Toenia wasn't much. If you want to talk bust in college (and never played in the NFL) you have to look at Munoz. I know he played about every game at UT, but I thought he was terrible and only got to play so much because of his name. It seemed like everytime he got hurt, or was out a series for a break, the line played much better.

Harrell was 16th overall pick I believe.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast