Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Union--Lee High

Frankly, I don't see a problem with folks wearing AHS or PVHS apparel to a Union game...we are all the same thing now, so I don't see why it matters. My GF was all decked out in Union stuff but I just had on an orange shirt with an old Auburn hat..lol..so, I blended right in. That being said, Union played hard last night, but they have a long, long way to go. There are several glaring weaknesses that need fixed and some other things that need to happen to improve their chances.

1-The O-Line is weak as water up the middle..can be fixed but let's call a spade a spade.
    2-The play calling is way too predictable..and was way too conservative at the end of the 1st half.
    3-Davis has to see more touches..he's way too explosive not to.
    4-TACKLING MUST IMPROVE
    5-The left side of the Defense has to be shored up..especially on the edge. Lee scored 3 TDs by running to the same spot on the field. Once the weakness was discovered, Lee attacked repeatedly (whether by run or pass) in the same area, which resulted in some HUGE plays. Noticed some changes attempted in the 2nd half to remedy the problem, but something is going to have to be done to ensure consistancy. IMO, that was the most glaring weakness on either side of the ball...even more so than the turnovers on offense.
    6-Union needs to limit 2 point conversion tries. Try for 2 when it makes sense, not just because you are behind.
    7-A way needs to be found to get Baker on the field on Offense regardless of the formation. I may be mistaken, but I don't recall seeing him on the field when Union was in the T (which was about 80 percent of the time).
    8-TURNOVERS...can't have 'em.
    9-On offense, in the T there has to be a counter toss, quick pitch, and a pass off of the fullback off tackle play. Making the Defense react is key to getting big plays out of the formation..and attacking all areas of the field is the easiest way to force a mistake by the opposing Defense...but you have to have (and run) the plays to do it.

That being said, Union played hard and tough..kudos to them on the win and a game well played.
    Last edited by sup-rbeast; August 27th, 2011 at 06:43 PM.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sup-rbeast View Post
    Frankly, I don't see a problem with folks wearing AHS or PVHS apparel to a Union game...we are all the same thing now, so I don't see why it matters. My GF was all decked out in Union stuff but I just had on an orange shirt with an old Auburn hat..lol..so, I blended right in. That being said, Union played hard last night, but they have a long, long way to go. There are several glaring weaknesses that need fixed and some other things that need to happen to improve their chances.

1-The O-Line is weak as water up the middle..can be fixed but let's call a spade a spade.
    2-The play calling is way too predictable..and was way too conservative at the end of the 1st half.
    3-Davis has to see more touches..he's way too explosive not to.
    4-TACKLING MUST IMPROVE
    5-The left side of the Defense has to be shored up..especially on the edge. Lee scored 3 TDs by running to the same spot on the field. Once the weakness was discovered, Lee attacked repeatedly (whether by run or pass) in the same area, which resulted in some HUGE plays. Noticed some changes attempted in the 2nd half to remedy the problem, but something is going to have to be done to ensure consistancy. IMO, that was the most glaring weakness on either side of the ball...even more so than the turnovers on offense.
    6-Union needs to limit 2 point conversion tries. Try for 2 when it makes sense, not just because you are behind.
    7-A way needs to be found to get Baker on the field on Offense regardless of the formation. I may be mistaken, but I don't recall seeing him on the field when Union was in the T (which was about 80 percent of the time).
    8-TURNOVERS...can't have 'em.
    9-On offense, in the T there has to be a counter toss, quick pitch, and a pass off of the fullback off tackle play. Making the Defense react is key to getting big plays out of the formation..and attacking all areas of the field is the easiest way to force a mistake by the opposing Defense...but you have to have (and run) the plays to do it.

That being said, Union played hard and tough..kudos to them on the win and a game well played.
    I agree with you on every point, especially the point on the left side of the defense. It was horrible. Baker needs to get in on offense more and Davis need the touches. The play calling is predictable in the T, but, this was the basic T and Turner went with what was working the best at the time. There are variations of the that formation and he did not use any of them but the basic formation. But the most glaring point is the pitiful play of the left side defene. It was just pitiful.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by centennialdawg View Post
    The play calling is predictable in the T, but, this was the basic T and Turner went with what was working the best at the time. There are variations of the that formation and he did not use any of them but the basic formation.
    The counter toss, quick pitch, and a pass off of the fullback off tackle play all are run from the basic T formation with no adjustments. Actually, except for the quick pitch, they look a lot like the FB off tackle play...just gets the ball to a TB on the edges or a receiver deep with the help of a little misdirection.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh and lets not forget my fav all the belly's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123