Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: If Turner loses to JI Burton this year that puts us in . . .

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: If Turner loses to JI Burton this year that puts us in .

Quote Originally Posted by Ironlung View Post
    Says more about how bad the area is overall than anything. Also, theyd have needed more than 3 plays to beat Clintwood alone. Clintwood could have scored again easily at the end of the game and ran the clock out.
    as bad as i hate agreeing with you, you are exactly right. the talent in this area has really fell off something awful. Union is loaded with size and strength but i could take any LPD team from the 90's (maybe even pound wildcats) and beat ANY LPD TEAM today.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You actually think theres some wealth of talent on that team? The past 10 years have been the biggest dry spells of talent ever for those 2 towns. Fact of the matter is that that."down Clintwood team" is still far more talented and just better.
    Disagree big time. More talented? Maybe, but far more talented? No
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    Disagree big time. More talented? Maybe, but far more talented? No
    Far more as far as athletes go yes. The past 3 years it was a several mile wide gap. It's shrunk incredibly now though. I think that Meade (finished top 10 in the region and top 20 in the state as a freshman in the 100), Daihley (a good athlete, would be better not at qb) Dotson, Robbie Mullins, and Austin Kelly (6'7" 330, the most physically imposing player I've ever seen around here) are better than anyone Union has. The only one comparable is Barker. The Davis kid hasn't impressed me but he's only a sophomore and that's not a knock on him. Next year Clintwood loses more of those athletes above and things start getting rough for the final few years of the school.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Says more about how bad the area is overall than anything. Also, theyd have needed more than 3 plays to beat Clintwood alone. Clintwood could have scored again easily at the end of the game and ran the clock out.
    I said before and still believe that if the late first half fumble by Union doesn't happen (one play) Union probably wins. They go in to the half up 20-0 and get the ball to start the second half with momentum still in their favor. It's all guess work, but really that was the turning point of the game.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Far more as far as athletes go yes. The past 3 years it was a several mile wide gap. It's shrunk incredibly now though. I think that Meade (finished top 10 in the region and top 20 in the state as a freshman in the 100), Daihley (a good athlete, would be better not at qb) Dotson, Robbie Mullins, and Austin Kelly (6'7" 330, the most physically imposing player I've ever seen around here) are better than anyone Union has. The only one comparable is Barker. The Davis kid hasn't impressed me but he's only a sophomore and that's not a knock on him. Next year Clintwood loses more of those athletes above and things start getting rough for the final few years of the school.
    I thought you meant this year. In the past few years yeah its not even close, but I dont think CW has a big talent gap on UHS this year. UHS has some athletes, like Davis, Baker, Chandler, Cole, etc..

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    I thought you meant this year. In the past few years yeah its not even close, but I dont think CW has a big talent gap on UHS this year. UHS has some athletes, like Davis, Baker, Chandler, Cole, etc..
    It's closer this year than it's been since about 05. Next year Union probably goes back ahead. We're coming up on hard times.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's closer this year than it's been since about 05. Next year Union probably goes back ahead. We're coming up on hard times.
    Union loses quite a bit next year, with Barker, Huff, and a few of the lineman graduating.

I dread the playoffs, if Union even makes it and draws a team like Grayson Co., ugh

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

here is an idea next time you see him since you know him so well tell him how you feel about him being a coach and dont talk behind a computer screen. he will do fine if he can get rid of the rest of robbins crap he left they are in bad need of some good position coaches

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AHS95 View Post
    here is an idea next time you see him since you know him so well tell him how you feel about him being a coach and dont talk behind a computer screen. he will do fine if he can get rid of the rest of robbins crap he left they are in bad need of some good position coaches
    the Robbins crap? l-o-l

yes, because the Robbins crap is responsible for having horrible time management issues and playcalling............

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i may be wrong but is the defense coach the one that was there last year? i sont know so if im wrong im wrong just wondering i aint talking bad about any coach im just saying there needs to be some position coaches it appears to me that the scheme or coaching need a lot of work and i agree the play calling wasnt to good huff should not be put in a position to have to throw the ball its not his stong side. i aint here to bash people i am a fan just like you biggin im just putting my opinion out there just as you and everyone else on here does dont take it personal