Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: If Turner loses to JI Burton this year that puts us in . . .

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: If Turner loses to JI Burton this year that puts us in .

Quote Originally Posted by AHS95 View Post
    huff should not be put in a position to have to throw the ball its not his stong side.
    Against a quality team you HAVE to mix up the play calling so Huff WILL have to pass wheather it is his strong suit or not (IMHO He throws a nice ball but could have benifited from throwing a few shorter routes insted of Deep all the time giveing the pass rush a chance to get to him)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As far as position coaches go at Union, here is the problem IMO too many cheifs and not enough indians. Rodger Austin may be a wonderful man but he has as much business on the football field as I do being a rocket scientist. With the behind the scenes politics that must be going on there Union may end up like Lee high. A team that should have very well won 4 state championships but politics got in the way. Travis Turner is young and good. He will experience growing pains just like any other first time head coach. Look at Phill Robbins, He never won a state game until the right combo of position coaches fell together. Barry Jones is 80% of why Phill Robbins won 7 state championships at Powell Valley, not to mention Bob Coughlin, Jim Huff, and other men who helped (key word "helped"). Union has way too many coaches IMO. Cut it back to Turner, Dorton, Morris, and MCKinney, and beg Barry Jones like a bum looking for a dollar to come and mentor the Defensive coaches! Tell Rodger Austin thanks but no thanks, Let JW Salyers keep up with stats and worry about base ball. And as for all the Helpers, just go to the house and let Turner do his job. We have people on the practice field and game field that know as much about coaching football as I do (and i dont coach nuthin). Union has the ability to be a good team and seeing that these kids are working out again they can do what other teams havent in the past 10 years, but its gonna take weeding out what doesnt need to be there both coaching and players to get there.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

you are 100% right i agree with you. austin is a good person but he is at most a special teams coach as he was when i played in the mid 90s.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Austin is a better coach then Turner. The only reason Travis got that job was Ted Thompson and Phillip Bates. What they should have done was bring in new people that had no ties to Appy and PV to coach.
    [img]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i92/chilo0907/obama.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l276/fanofreed41/obama_button.png[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What does Phillip Bates have to do with BSG/Appy?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree that it seems UHS has an awful lot of coaches over there now. I dont know enough about any particular coach to call them out on doing a poor job (except McKinney, who is terrible and sucks and cant even spell football and smells like mashed potatoes :P ). Travis runs the whole show and he will catch the flames for his staff.

UHS has to throw the ball, theres no way around it. You simply cannot win running the ball every snap. I agree with Counts, you don't have the launch the ball 40 yards on every passing down. Short routes can give a quarterback confidence, stem the pass rush, and keep the chains moving. Look at the NFL now; its a short pass dominated league because its incredibly tough to stop. Its much easier to defend vertical routes and deep routes with the right coverage, especially at the high school level.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This thread is entertaining to read.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    What does Phillip Bates have to do with BSG/Appy?

School Board and he is the Uncle of Travis.
    [img]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i92/chilo0907/obama.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l276/fanofreed41/obama_button.png[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UnIoNfAn View Post
    IMO our best lineman is Dakota Jesse or that number 66 who is a junior.
    #66 is my son, Matthew Morelock. He took a couple of years off after P-nut and this is his first year back. He has had a great work ethic since summer weightlifting and as a father, I could never be prouder.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikMo View Post
    #66 is my son, Matthew Morelock. He took a couple of years off after P-nut and this is his first year back. He has had a great work ethic since summer weightlifting and as a father, I could never be prouder.

You should have stayed in Breathitt.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]