Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: If Turner loses to JI Burton this year that puts us in . . .

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: If Turner loses to JI Burton this year that puts us in .

I just think that he has lost this team bc the schemes aren't working and he doesn't know what adjustments to make. Now I'm not saying that his job is an easy one but he has talent to work with and is underachieving tremendously.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I dont want this to sound mean and Im not trying to start a fight but who is all of this talent Union has? Other than Barker theres not a kid their Id trade a Clintwood kid for. You folks are way overrating what you have imo.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Inactive Member Slobber Knocker's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

J.M.O. but I guess he is talking about all over athletes..just guessing! Clintwood has the football players though and Union has the athletes. That is the only thing I can figure out with that statement he is making cause like you said earlier and I agree, there is not one player on Clintwood's team that I would trade for with Union!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironlung View Post
    I dont want this to sound mean and Im not trying to start a fight but who is all of this talent Union has? Other than Barker theres not a kid their Id trade a Clintwood kid for. You folks are way overrating what you have imo.
    Baker is very good, so is Davis, and 20 has some decent moves on the outside. They have one or two lineman with good size and strength.

But we really arent. Barkers not even the best player on that team. If you wouldnt trade a CW kid for Baker, the WR, then I dunno what to say. Youve railed on CWs terrible passing game all year, and Baker is one of the most athletic and fast WRs in the district.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

everyone has there opinion about who the best players are but one player dont win games. if you cant line up and block the man in front of you and run the ball you are done. and for all the turner haters i agree he should be fired i think i saw him miss 3 or 4 tackles and even threw an interception over the last couple of weeks. union is lacking something you cant coach....HEART....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Clintwood's passing games problems haven't been with receiver's, it's been with a qb trying to learn the position. I think Clintwood has the 2nd best receiver (behind Maggard) in the district and he's a frosh. I said it before and I'll say it again, I've never been impressed with Davis. He's only a soph so that's not a knock on him, he just hasn't had a chance to prove himself yet. You also said that everybody would agree that Union has more talent than Central (I haven't seen Central yet so I have no opinion) but hadn't Wise beat PV like 3 out of 4, 2 out of 3 or something like that. They were also unbeaten against Appy the last few years if I remember correctly.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironlung View Post
    Clintwood's passing games problems haven't been with receiver's, it's been with a qb trying to learn the position. I think Clintwood has the 2nd best receiver (behind Maggard) in the district and he's a frosh. I said it before and I'll say it again, I've never been impressed with Davis. He's only a soph so that's not a knock on him, he just hasn't had a chance to prove himself yet. You also said that everybody would agree that Union has more talent than Central (I haven't seen Central yet so I have no opinion) but hadn't Wise beat PV like 3 out of 4, 2 out of 3 or something like that. They were also unbeaten against Appy the last few years if I remember correctly.
    Wise has not beaten PV three out of four. This makes two out of three, but before that it had been 10 years since JJK won.
    I will stand by what I said. PV is more talented than JJK. They simply are. They have faster athletes, more athletes at skill positions, better skill players, but all that means nothing. You guys are making a big deal about what I said, but its true. UHS has talent. They really do.
    People forget, this is a team that went to Virginia High and won; went to Lee and won, gave Richlands all they could handle. It is not about talent. Its about coaching, execution, and playcalling. Central was 100x better at that last night, and that won the game.
    And beating Appalachia was no big accomplishment, I dont hold any water to that.

The truth is, Wise has been more prepared and ready to play the last three years. Last year, it didnt matter. It was at PV (if last nights game was at PV they win), and they beat Wise like a drum. But the kids seemed to think that playing Richlands close means something. It does not. It means absolutely fucking nothing. NOTHING. This is Powell Valley Viking football (well Union football STFU hah), moral victories are for Pound or Castlewood. So, these players need to realize that right now, they are not a good ball team. They think they are, but they simply arent. You cant tackle, you cant catch, you cant be ready to play 48 minutes. Yes, your coaches have let you down severely; but these players still believe they are one of the best teams in this area. HAH! Thats a fucking joke.

Baker has made big plays all year long, big time catches and huge YAC gains. If he isnt the best (Maggard is very good agreed), he is close behind him.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    Wise has not beaten PV three out of four. This makes two out of three, but before that it had been 10 years since JJK won.
    I'm pretty sure you're missing a game there somewhere. I think this would be 3 or 4 since 98, not 2.

I will stand by what I said. PV is more talented than JJK. They simply are. They have faster athletes, more athletes at skill positions, better skill players, but all that means nothing. You guys are making a big deal about what I said, but its true. UHS has talent. They really do.
    People forget, this is a team that went to Virginia High and won; went to Lee and won, gave Richlands all they could handle. It is not about talent. Its about coaching, execution, and playcalling. Central was 100x better at that last night, and that won the game.
    And beating Appalachia was no big accomplishment, I dont hold any water to that..
    Like I said, they may have. I've yet to see one second of Central. The only reason I mentioned Appalachia is because that makes up a good chunk of those talented kids you guys are talking about. You had to get upper 20's or 30 or so from Appy. I'm not sure how saying that they won at VHS (which John Battle skullfcked), Lee which almost everyone has ass raped, and playing Richlands without their best player who's a D1 athlete is saying anything. That's more of that moral victory talk.

Baker has made big plays all year long, big time catches and huge YAC gains. If he isnt the best (Maggard is very good agreed), he is close behind him.
    Again, like I said. After watching that game at Clintwood I couldn't pick that kid out of a lineup of 2. He did nothing there and that's all I'm going on. I was asking a serious question when I asked who these talented kids were when I asked because I did not see it. Everyone has a couple good kids. I'm sure Ervinton has a kid somewhere at some position that could come in and get playing time at any LPD school. That doesn't mean he'd start but they could play. I just don't see this blinding amount of talent that everyone on here is crying about being misused. I think the problem is several things. 1. A lack of talent. They have ZERO difference makers right now. 2. Possibly coaching. I have no idea but there are enough Lombardi's on here claiming it so I'll go with that I guess. 3. The right attitude. I work around a guy who says that a good majority of the kids do more talking in the stands when the game is being played than watching and learning. These same kids were probably the ones who won the state championship this summer and fall on facebook.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It all adds up to position coaching, mainly the offensive line and the whole damn defense. Baker is arguably the best athlete on the team, but even he had an "off" night last night. He dropped at least 2 passes. Barker nor Davis have had absolutely NO BLOCKING at all for them. Hmm, maybe someone on here should pull a DD on the school and start a campaign to get rid of Thomas. It worked for DD when Crockett was the basketball coach at P.V. Maybe it would work with Thomas. He simply can not coach defense.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ironlung I have to agree with you some on that. Im a huge fan of this team and idk if its over rating or if the kids just gave up but they aint playing to their potential at all. In the first of the season they played like they should butnow OMG! Union has great atheletes but Clintwood plays better as a team. 20 Davis is a sophomore and has the best ball carrier vision i have ever seen, 5 Baker has some of the best hands in the area, 12 Barker is a bull dozer, 61 Orre is huge and strong, but ALL of them have NOT played together like a team should. IMO 11 for clintwood is one of the toughest running backs in swva but therest of clintwood isnt top athelets like they used to have, BUT (and its a huge but) Clintwood plays together like a team is supposed to.
    As for coaching at Union, this spread offense that they are trying is as usless as tits on a nun. We moved the ball good on Clintwood using the T formation sweep plays and we kept the ball out of Clintwood's hands that way. Soon as we came out in the spread, it wasover just like that. Defense wise, no adjustments being made at half time is ignorant. plus 3 down linemen in highschool when the most of plays youre going to see is up the middle runs is dumber than hell. If Union had 11 fast black kids on defense like they do out east then yea the 3 man front would work but not down here in power football country. 4 4 stack and 4 3 is what it takes not this 3 5 3 shit. JMO