Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Scores for 11/4/11

How in the world did we ever lose to Union? Union fans will blast me, but it looks like Burton just lied/let down in the second half, Union is definitely not better than them. Sorry.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    How in the world did we ever lose to Union? Union fans will blast me, but it looks like Burton just lied/let down in the second half, Union is definitely not better than them. Sorry.
    haha okay. the better question is how did UHS lose to Central. JIB was up three TDs on Union and STILL didnt win. Union was also up 20 on CW, does that mean UHS is better than CW?
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    They were last week...and Union's not all that good..so what does that say about Burton?
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Union played well at times tonight, but then, at other times they looked bad. Say what you want, but that #2 for TW is good. I am just waiting on the whining that all the Central fans are gonna make on here because Union should now get a higer seed in the playoffs than Central does. Not that it makes a lot of difference.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by centennialdawg View Post
    Union played well at times tonight, but then, at other times they looked bad. Say what you want, but that #2 for TW is good. I am just waiting on the whining that all the Central fans are gonna make on here because Union should now get a higer seed in the playoffs than Central does. Not that it makes a lot of difference.
    #24 was pretty good too. That being said, Union looked like a Cumberland District team tonight.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I had the privilege of sitting in front of the absolute most obnoxious Clintwood fan I've seen in my life tonight, and unfortunately it soured what could've been a great experience because the action out on the field was so unpredictable and fun to watch. She was in her late 60s or so, and as soon as my dad and I took our seats, she noticed the red color of his Washington Redskins chair (we aren't Redskins fans, it was just the only team they had at the time) and asked in a smart alec tone, "Is that a Wise Indians seat?" From that moment on, I knew things were about to get interesting. It's as if an alarm went off in my head. She was with several old men who appeared to be friends or family members and the entire game they'd been putting their heads almost on our shoulders, screaming their heads off almost non-stop. There for a little while, I was afraid I'd be deaf in both ears by the time the game was over. Early in the second quarter, she taps me on the shoulder and says in a hateful tone again, "Where are you all from?" I tell her I live in Coeburn right now, then I ask her why she wanted to know. She responds with, "I could tell you two weren't from Clintwood. You two just hate us, I know it." At that point, I was almost bewildered and couldn't even believe this was being said to me. Not once had my dad and I shouted any derogatory comments at Clintwood's players or fans or done anything to indicate we were against Clintwood. Apparently not having any of the school's colors on was enough for her to completely discriminate against us and treat us incredibly rudely. It reminded me of what happened to UTVols2 earlier this season in the gas station down at Big Stone.

I turned around, looked her right in the eyes, and told her I'd attended as many Clintwood games as any other team this year and was at the 2008 championship game played at Salem between Clintwood and Franklin, sitting on Clintwood's side. Thankfully, that shut her up for a while. I thought the harassment was over for good, but every time Clintwood intercepted a pass, recovered a fumble, or made a huge stop, she started slapping me on the back and shaking this big jug/sports shaker, just beating the crap out of my shoulder with it. It was as if she was trying to rub it in my face that Clintwood was doing well, like I was completely against them and wanted them to fail. I just felt very unwelcomed and it bothered me a lot. We paid for our tickets, a program, and even items from the concessions to help support the game and schools involved. I guess that wasn't enough for her, and since we weren't wearing green or screaming our heads off in someone's ears, we didn't belong. What's the point of this rant? I don't know, really. I guess I just wanted to let off some steam is all. Sometimes it irritates me that adults can behave so disrespectfully and rude towards one another over such trivial things as high school sports. The men she was with weren't rude like her, they just should have known better than screaming so loudly with their heads almost resting on our shoulders. She, on the other hand, was just a bad person all-together.

/Rant

Thanks for listening to me cry and moan, everybody. 'Twas an excellent, back-and-forth game tonight at Clintwood between two teams that really wanted it badly. I hope both Clintwood and Gate City succeed in the playoffs.
    Officially retired

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a pretty good idea of whom your talking about......always like that...

Inactive Member Slobber Knocker's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am from Clintwood but people like that just need to be knocked out! Sorry...but it's true!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We have a few, thankfully its the minority. While you didn't seem opposed, you weren't cheering and when someone is on a home teams side, on most places, the home crowd tends to know each other. Anybody they don't know is suspicious. It happens and probably was thinking, since you weren't cheering that you were either a)an enemy or b)shy and not getitng into it. I know its a shock, and maybe it didn't suit you, but we sit and talk about how dead certain atmopsheres are, how dead certain crowds are. That is one thing that a good exciting Clintwood game never suffers from and its mostly due to the people who have gotten a few years on them. They remember how the cheers were then and see how too many of the younger crowd don't want to seem 'uncool' by not cheering. Shake it off, be glad you got to enjoy a good game. I've went to other games before, sat on a home side, not in their color and went through similar. Pretty sure if you went to most good venues, sat on the home side that is doing well, you're going to experience it.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R0cketer View Post
    We have a few, thankfully its the minority. While you didn't seem opposed, you weren't cheering and when someone is on a home teams side, on most places, the home crowd tends to know each other. Anybody they don't know is suspicious. It happens and probably was thinking, since you weren't cheering that you were either a)an enemy or b)shy and not getitng into it. I know its a shock, and maybe it didn't suit you, but we sit and talk about how dead certain atmopsheres are, how dead certain crowds are. That is one thing that a good exciting Clintwood game never suffers from and its mostly due to the people who have gotten a few years on them. They remember how the cheers were then and see how too many of the younger crowd don't want to seem 'uncool' by not cheering. Shake it off, be glad you got to enjoy a good game. I've went to other games before, sat on a home side, not in their color and went through similar. Pretty sure if you went to most good venues, sat on the home side that is doing well, you're going to experience it.
    I hear ya, and completely understand. I've attended many football games and sat on the home side of the winning teams and never experienced anything quite like that. Even at Clintwood on the home side, this never happened before. Maybe I've just been lucky in the past. Regardless, it was very disturbing to be treated that way by someone who knew absolutely nothing about me.
    Officially retired

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast