Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Clintwood-GW

Quote Originally Posted by 1inStripes View Post
    It doesn't SWVA-Football. For Group A, in the semis the East top seed host the West lower seed, and vice versa. They can't draw a true bracket for that, because you never know exactly who might come out of it.
    Oh OK, thanks for the heads up. The brackets they've set up on the VHSL website are a little misleading is all.
    Officially retired

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For all of you who didn't go, you have no idea what you missed. That was one of the best games I've ever seen. In all honesty the score should have been about 37-13. We left a lot of points on the board and I think were inside the 15 about 4 times we didn't score. It was a great one and I thought we were toast when Dahley went out in the 2nd with the broke collar bone. It seemed like Clintwood wore them down the more the game went on. Their runs kept getting less and less and Clintwood's kept getting more and more. Other than about 3 plays they struggled to move the ball at all. In one season this team has completely made me the most ashamed I've ever been of a Clintwood team because of the way they played (Grayson) and also made me the most proud I've ever been of a Clintwood team (today).
    Last edited by Ironlung; November 27th, 2011 at 12:18 AM.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't think I have ever seen a team in any sport at any level transform and progress like the Wave have this year. After Grayson County and then the first half of the Union game I didn't think Clintwood would win 4 games this season. If you were to watch this team today and then see them at the first of the year you would think they had different players on the field.

This should be a lesson to all teams in the area if you work hard and want it bad enough anything is possible. Clintwood could have easily laid down after Grayson County but they showed what we are all about. Work hard at every practice, improve each week, never give up, and fight with every ounce you got till you've got nothing left.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Agreed. I told Counts I've never seen a team improve as much from week 1 to week 10, 11, 12 as this years Clintwood team.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Inactive Member
    Clintwood-GW

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Go Wave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Make the LPD proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Win STATE!!!!!!!! We area all pulling for you!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Central Warriors The start of a new ERA!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Poppycock Lung..."this team has completely made me the most ashamed I've ever been of a Clintwood team because of the way they played (Grayson) " whatever..it's a game sometimes you win sometimes you lose. I'm proud win or lose, as a true fan and supporter should be.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wave82Line View Post
    Poppycock Lung..."this team has completely made me the most ashamed I've ever been of a Clintwood team because of the way they played (Grayson) " whatever..it's a game sometimes you win sometimes you lose. I'm proud win or lose, as a true fan and supporter should be.
    Apparently, you didn't go to Grayson. They gave up, didn't compete, and quit. They admitted it themselves. We were beat up pretty bad but there was little effort at all expended in that game. The funny thing is, that was the best thing that ever happened to them. They realized the effort that had to be put forward every game to be successful and have done it every week since. They keep getting better every week. I expect to lose sometimes and there's nothing wrong with losing if you do it the right way. I'd be just as ashamed if they won the wrong way. Accepting poor effort in losses or wins or unsportsmanlike behavior in wins or losses is unacceptable and is the kind of attitude to have at an also-ran who doesn't matter. The guy you played for should have taught you that. You put forth maximum effort every time you play and anything else is unacceptable.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was capturing some amazing footage of this game thanks to a rather high vantage point I had at the top of George Wythe's bleachers, but when they ran that crazy reverse play and scored the first touchdown against Clintwood, my camera deleted that piece of footage and gave me a "Buffer Overload" error message. I guess what I'm really trying to say is: I had a great opportunity and had it blown thanks to hardware problems. Does that suck or what? It's depressing when I go back and watch the footage I did manage to capture because of the angle I had. If you guys would like me to, I can still upload the few plays I did manage to record until it pooped out on me.
    Officially retired

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Please do, Thanks!
    Never engage in a battle of wit's, Without a weapon!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [/CENTER]
    [CENTER] "Believe deep down in your heart that you're destined to do great things." JVP[/CENTER]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123