Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

'94 fb finals locations?

PV beat Sussex & Appy destroyed M'sex. Where were they?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: '94 fb finals locations?

Pretty sure PV's was at Bullitt Park and Appy traveled, though I'm not sure if the Appy game was actually AT Middlesex or a nearby school.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

it was at middlesex and there field was worse than our field......hard to believe but its true

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AHS95 View Post
    it was at middlesex and there field was worse than our field......hard to believe but its true
    That was the whole mud/swamp game wasn't it?
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sussex had terrible fans as a whole, I'm talking about the group behavior not a few individual idiots.

I was standing by the fence at Bullitt and a couple of older gentlemen approached me and asked if I was from "Powell Valley"? I told them I was and they informed me they were from a town whose school was a rival of Sussex. They said they had traveled that entire distance in the faint hope of seeing Sussex lose. They asked me if I thought PV had any chance. I told them that I felt very confident. Near the end of the game they sought me out again and they were soooooo happy, they were so excited to see Sussex lose that it was almost comical.

It was my opinion that both Sussex players and Sussex fans had lacked class and sportsmanship to a degree that I personally had never seen before so I could sort of understand their reaction. I think it was doubly satisfying to them because PV had beat them physically pretty badly as well as on the scoreboard.

They did have an absolutely fantastic band though.

By contrast I was at all three Games against Lunenburg and I thought their players and especially their fans showed excellent sportsmanship.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, they had some really bad fans that year. I remember this game well, cold and muddy. When the game was over, I looked at the field and thought that there's no way that field would ever be the same. Some of the PV players were running and sliding headfirst on the grass(what was left of it) and ole Phil never said a word.

I also watched the replay of the Appy/Middlesex game and thought how funny it was that the gan from Middlesex was "waving the white flag" at the players signaling they were surrendering.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

^ Do you remember the 170 or so pound DT from Sussex who was dancing like he thought he was a member of the Chippendale's before the game and then got steamrolled pretty much every play until he threw up on the field in the 3rd quarter?

Good Times
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LOL, I don't remember him, but all of the players had the attitude that they were the best ever. Even the coaching staff was pretty idiotic.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gotch View Post
    Sussex had terrible fans as a whole, I'm talking about the group behavior not a few individual idiots.

I was standing by the fence at Bullitt and a couple of older gentlemen approached me and asked if I was from "Powell Valley"? I told them I was and they informed me they were from a town whose school was a rival of Sussex. They said they had traveled that entire distance in the faint hope of seeing Sussex lose. They asked me if I thought PV had any chance. I told them that I felt very confident. Near the end of the game they sought me out again and they were soooooo happy, they were so excited to see Sussex lose that it was almost comical.

It was my opinion that both Sussex players and Sussex fans had lacked class and sportsmanship to a degree that I personally had never seen before so I could sort of understand their reaction. I think it was doubly satisfying to them because PV had beat them physically pretty badly as well as on the scoreboard.

They did have an absolutely fantastic band though.

By contrast I was at all three Games against Lunenburg and I thought their players and especially their fans showed excellent sportsmanship.
    Berst highschool band i have ever heard! Would have loved to see them play in the dry. Do you remember that one fella from Sussex who was screaming "Whos in da house" at the begining of the game? Either way, by Half time about half of Powell Valleys bleachers were screaming "Vikings in da house". They had some Sh!!!y fans but the kids on the feild shut em up real quick.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironlung View Post
    That was the whole mud/swamp game wasn't it?
    sure was it was a good time for me thought. a good revenge beating for all the shit we had to take after the game the year before when thay beat us 10-6 and their fans come on the field after the game trying to fight us....and a few of them got what they wanted

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast