Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Clintwood vs Sussex Central

I will get it started. I am so glad that not any of the kids from Clintwood believed what was being wrote on this forum at the beginning and first of the year. You know, "the Lpd is weak this year, the whole area is bad in football, we will not have a team in this area make it deep in the playoffs, etc., etc.," I myself had doubts about this team from Clintwood. The quality of opponants have made this team better each and every week. Throw out the Grayson County...that does not exist any more...Hazard is better than Harlan ever though about being. Plus quality wins over Union and Gate City showed this team and gave them the confidence that they needed and showed them that they as a team can play and beat anyone.
    I thought the game yesterday would be close and hard hitting and I was right. I also had concerns if Clintwood ran up against a team with overall good speed. George Wythe I believe had 3 guys back that won the 4x400 relay state championship so their overall team speed was excellant. Clintwood passed the test again. The one difference was..George Wythe had never been hit the way we brought it yesterday! Now Clintwood will face another team with overall excellant team speed..Sussex Central.
    Did some research..Sussex has only played 4 teams with a winning record and they were tested by a 6-5 Altavista team a week before they played Covington. 88 points, and racking up over 500 yards rushing the ball is impressive but once again, how will they react when they get hit! Im not talking about tackled..I mean hit the way this Green team is hitting? What will hurt Clintwood is not having Dylan Dahley in the DEFENSIVE backfield. His brother Dalton is capable of carrying the load at QB!
    I believe Clintwood wins 34-22...smash mouth football and hard hitting will win this. Good luck guys and GO GREEN!!
    Last edited by Slobber Knocker; November 27th, 2011 at 02:09 PM.