Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Clintwood vs Sussex Central

Quote Originally Posted by Counts View Post
    My thoughts are as follows......There Offence scares me due to the fact that they run spred (Which Cwood has had issues with) and Veer (Which Grayson spanked CWood with).......I agree on the other side of the ball I think we can play keep away with the football and eat the clock
    I pulled all of the players numbers from that Charles City youtube video and matched them up with the roster. The linemen looked alot bigger in those videos than they actually are. Most of them were in the 5'10"-6' 190-210 range. That could be problematic for them.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironlung View Post
    I pulled all of the players numbers from that Charles City youtube video and matched them up with the roster. The linemen looked alot bigger in those videos than they actually are. Most of them were in the 5'10"-6' 190-210 range. That could be problematic for them.
    IF charles city isnt as big as they look then that means that Sussex Central isnt either. I dont think they will be able to handle the size of Clintwood and the ball controll offense the Wave run. Defensively, Clintwood better be ready for speed cause Sussex Central looked pretty quick at times in that video. JMO but Clintwood should not have much problems. The spread and the Veer are dangerous offenses and Clintwood has had their problems with em. That being said, its hard to beat Clintwood twice running the same style O. Im sure there coaching staff will have the boys prepared to stop the Veer and Protect against the Spread. Cwood's Big D line should be in the backfeild more than anyone has been against the Tigers. They (sussex) ran a similar style spread and veer against Powell Valley in 94 and didnt have much sucsess. The mud may have played a big factor in that but IMO the smash mouth gettin hit every down played a bigger factor in it. That running back carried what looked to be three Charles City defensive players 20 yards! I just dont see any of them carrying ANY good ole boy from Dickenson Co much less three. Sussex will be in for a deja vu type of game experience. Different team but same hard hittin country boys.

Inactive Member collegetrumpet2010's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You're wrong. Williamsburg is A. Hazard beat Williamsburg 28-0 last week. He already said the Harlan he's talking about was Harlan City, which is also A.

2011 Kentucky High School Football
    Looks like in KY Mayfield and Hazard have a rematch for the A state championship.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UnIoNfAn View Post
    IF charles city isnt as big as they look then that means that Sussex Central isnt either.
    Sussex is who I was talking about, not CC. They're pretty small on both sides of the LOS. Their DE's are really tall kids but thin. All of their OL are at that 190-210 lb range.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sussex hits. And theirs no way this kid only weights 210 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sIp...e_gdata_player

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sussex is bigger than you think. if clintwood thinks that they wont hit they are wrong.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a cousin that lives and coaches football in the Richmond area. I asked him what he knew about Sussex. He said that overall they aren't that big, but they are athletic and cans fly. Obviously he thinks that ball control for Clintwood will be very important. He also said they play in a very weak conference.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [/CENTER]
    [CENTER] "Believe deep down in your heart that you're destined to do great things." JVP[/CENTER]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gchs_devils View Post
    Sussex hits. And theirs no way this kid only weights 210 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sIp...e_gdata_player
    The only thing we can go on is the roster. It has #50 as Kevin Harris (not Michael) and listed at 5'11" 200 lbs. He's bigger than that in the video. Like I said above, I went by the Charles City video. In the video you posted there's also a #71 that's pretty big but there's not a 71 listed on the roster. I'm wondering if maybe a lot of the video you posted isn't stuff from last year.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm wondering if maybe a lot of the video you posted isn't stuff from last year.
    A lot of that is from last year. It has Charles City highlights of them playing at Sussex. They played at Charles City this year.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know it was a long time ago but when Sussex came to PV in '94 they had a big rep then and they turned out to be very small and did not play physical football at all. They were very athletic, but not physical in the least.

They had a fullback that year with huge numbers and a huge rep coming in. I arrived at the game just before kickoff and did not see them warm up. As they came out to run onto the field they came right by me and as that fullback ran by a friend told me "that's the big fullback", I was shocked at how soft he looked and said "he's fat!" Well apparently I said it loud enough that he heard me (swear to God that was not my intention) anyway he looked at me with a hurt look on his face. As silly as it might sound that made me feel like crap and I actually still think of that from time to time and it still makes me feel bad,
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast