Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Clintwood vs Galax, State Championship Predictions

No one ever said how the home teams would be determined this year.
    Their pairings page has the AA & AAA matchups listed as away vs. home, so assuming they have A listed that way, too, then the home teams will be Galax & Goochland... both of which are the highest remaining seeds (#1).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I watched a few clips on Galax, I dont see anything impressive, kinda fast but not really, dont hit, small line, idk how they made it this far. Decent passing game but with CW's D line bringing the pressure I dont think it will matter. You hit the brothers in the mouth they will quit. I change my prediction. Clintwood 24 Galax 7

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gchs_devils View Post
    I watched a few clips on Galax, I dont see anything impressive, kinda fast but not really, dont hit, small line, idk how they made it this far. Decent passing game but with CW's D line bringing the pressure I dont think it will matter. You hit the brothers in the mouth they will quit. I change my prediction. Clintwood 24 Galax 7
    I watched some video on them on youtube and they do look very small, but fast. I remember back when I was playing and started playing GC again they had a bunch of small, tall and fast guys and killed us. I really do believe CW has a great chance, but Galax also earned the right to be there as well I dont see it as a blowout but a hard fought game and whoever makes the least mistakes takes home the prize!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i said defense wins,they have never saw a defence as good as clintwood has,thay have few receivers that are tall,but we can stay with there speed,i say,just like ever other team we played in playoffs,hit em hard,we win,i think Galax belongs in state championship,Clintwoods wins,LPD Pride,,,,GO BIG GREEN

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VHSLhelper View Post
    No one ever said how the home teams would be determined this year.
    Their pairings page has the AA & AAA matchups listed as away vs. home, so assuming they have A listed that way, too, then the home teams will be Galax & Goochland... both of which are the highest remaining seeds (#1).

I believe they determine the home team by switching yearly like they used to do before the neutral site. So if we still played games like before neutral site Galax could be coming to Ralph Cummins if it were the east's turn to host. Of course they may have changed it with the new seeding system.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
    I believe they determine the home team by switching yearly like they used to do before the neutral site. So if we still played games like before neutral site Galax could be coming to Ralph Cummins if it were the east's turn to host. Of course they may have changed it with the new seeding system.
    Galax would have been a West team though.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Clintwood has proven on two seperate occasions durring these playoffs that they can handle speed by hitting em in the chin. Call me bias, but I love hard hitting football. Its what I grew up on and its what I believe in. Im goin to ride with the smash mouth team till the end. I feel like if a team can hit hard no matter the score then they will win. I feel like Clintwood will pull off the win due to hard hitting, slobber knocking, GOOD OLE BOY football. Clintwood 21 Galax 14

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just a quick check of the weather tells you that it could be a factor in the game. It's gonna be COLD folks. Per weather.com currently, the projected high is going to be 39 and partly cloudy. Only an 8 mph breeze expected, but you know how stuff like that can funnel through a stadium and bring the temp down another 5-6 degrees. The turf may be slick just from the cold, and any of the hard licks that either team puts on the other are going to sting a little more than normal. Only 10% chance of precipitation, but who knows.

Salem Weekend Weather Forecast - weather.com
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You obviously watched old footage. Galax has burned every team they faced with speed, passing and solid tackling. They have been vastly under sized in the past 3 games. Honaker was the biggest sized team they faced all year and Lunenburg average lineman weight was 235. Give credit where credit is deserved, Galax turned it around last year and are playing some amazing football. Galax has several advantages against Clintwood. Athleticism, speed, PASSING, and a ex-NFL player turned coach. No doubt this game as much hype but Galax will not be stopped. These brothas want get hit in the mouth because you aint gonna catch'em and if you do then Deon George will burn you for a 50yd TD in the air. Galax 42 > Clintwood 14

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by homerun15 View Post
    Deon George will burn you for a 50yd TD in the air. Galax 42 > Clintwood 14
    If Galax can keep there QB in 1 piece that is