Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Clintwood vs Galax, State Championship Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by usmale354 View Post
    i said defense wins,they have never saw a defence as good as clintwood has,thay have few receivers that are tall,but we can stay with there speed,i say,just like ever other team we played in playoffs,hit em hard,we win,i think Galax belongs in state championship,Clintwoods wins,LPD Pride,,,,GO BIG GREEN
    I'm a sports Analyst and Its clear with some of the messages I reading right now that you all haven't done ANY true research on Galax High School's football team, cause if you did then you would know that Galax isn't undefeated by accident by no means. Let me just quote some FACTS for all those who think that Clintwood is just going to show up and rule this game...Galax has beaten 2 Double A schools this year and has held like 8 opponents under 10 points this season and what you all DON'T know is if it wasn't for the head coach taking the starters out for the most part at the START of the 2nd half then they very well probably would have held EVERY team they've played this year under 10pts...HERES SOME FACT FOR YOU ALL: 92% of the points scored on Galax this year was AFTER coach Dixon took his starters out, and also another News flash, Galax HAS played teams with the size that Clintwood has both Double A schools that Galax played this year were just as big IF NOT bigger then Clintwood and The Maroon Tide took both those teams to the woodshed!! And the biggest FACT I want to bring to the GreenWaves attention that NONE of you all seem to be wanting to acknowledge is that Grayson County's "speed" blew you all out with a 61-6 victory believe....And Galax beat Grayson 21-6 which would of been worse considering Galax had 3 touchdowns called back on bogus penalties that even Grayson fans are saying were bogus! Grayson was a team who was #1 in the STATE in scoring and Galax held them to 6 points and ALL of there running backs to under 50yrds rushing. Honaker, who runs a very simular smash mouth type offense as Clintwood has a running back who was averaging almost 200yrds a game and just came off of a playoff game in which he rushed for 298yrds, went down to Galax and was HELD to ONLY 43yrds rushing....30 of those yards came AFTER couch Dixon took the starters out!! And for those of you who think your Greenwave is just going to come and as you all say "hit them in the mouth" I have a sad news flash for you, Those Galax boys hit back!!...I've never seen anything like it, this Maroon Tide team almost seems to adjust and adapt in mid game. I have seen both Galax and Clintwood play and I can tell you right now that if the Greenwave thinks that there just going to show up and blow this team out then you all are really sadly mistaken. The Maroon Tide has more weapons then you all are really aware off, the only ones you all truly know about are a WR, a QB, and a RB...I can promise you there are a lot more...for crying out loud They are averaging 3 Div 1 Univeristies coming to the games per game...do you really think that they would be wasting there time driving all that way for a "weak team" you all seem to think they are, Galax has speed, power, strength and extrodinary IQ of the game.....Galax 47 Clintwood 12

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by musiqsdestiny View Post
    They are averaging 3 Div 1 Univeristies coming to the games per game...do you really think that they would be wasting there time driving all that way for a "weak team" you all seem to think they are, Galax has speed, power, strength and extrodinary IQ of the game.....Galax 47 Clintwood 12
    Three D1 scouts per game? Which players are these 30+ D1 schools scouting? That's impressive...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A true "sports analyst" would use proper punctuation (hell punctuation period) and not misspell seventy thousand words.

Its okay, we know you are a Galax fan getting on here talking shit. If you had read the thread, most people on here were predicting a very tight game or even a Galax win.

Reading comprehension FTL
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Actually all these post show Galax losing, and the sports analyst ???? made a great comment that no one has acknowledged and that is Grayson using speed beat Clintwood 61-6 and Galax did beat Grayson 21-6 on what coach Dixon called one of their worst games of the season. Not bad beating the previously ranked #1 team on a bad night. I understand that teams have bad games but 61-6 proves that speed is their worst enemy. And that is true about D-1 scouts, 6'4 Deon George wide receiver is being recruited by top ACC schools. The running back and the 6'6 defensive end have small D-1 schools like JMU and Emory scouting them. I love the fact that nearly everyone is downing Galax.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by homerun15 View Post
    and the sports analyst ???? made a great comment that no one has acknowledged and that is Grayson using speed beat Clintwood 61-6
    You want an acknowledgment, Ok. The first 4 weeks of the season Clintwood was garbage. They had 1 returning OL and the line play early was terrible. They also couldn't hold onto the ball. Add into that Meade (RB) broke his leg in game one and was playing 2 weeks later, plus Dotson (fb) was gimpy, and having 7 fumbles in the first half is the reason for the game/score. It had nothing to do with speed. Other than Rodriguez I didn't see anyone that was "fast". It was an avalanche of turnovers that came in about a 8-10 minute span that put a close game into the cooler before halftime. They couldn't even get the center/qb exchange correct that night.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

musiqsdestiny
    Please help me out a little. I know Galax has a great football team. I hope your correct about the D1 schools looking at a few of the guys they surely look good on paper. There is one statement that I would like for you to clear up for me and the other folks on this message board. You said Galax destroyed two Double A teams;who are they I looked at the schedule on Max Preps and I see Glenvar, East Mont, Radford, Craig County, Fort Chiswell, Graham, Narrows, Bland, Grayson County, Holston and Lunenburg Central. I think all these schools are Single A please correct me if I'm wrong.
    As far as the size goes Clintwood is a large team Ol goes 358, 215, 220, 229, 339, 192 about a 258 average across the line backfield goes 195, 234, 172 Wides are smallish
    Clintwood's has a very solid defense 136,150,193,195,208,234,178,192,170,209,339 around a 200 average they can go bigger at times all the kids for Clintwood can and will tackle IMO they have one of the better front 8 or 9 that I have seen or the past 10 or 15 years
    Im not predicting anything as far as wins and loses go but I can promise you the kids from Clintwood will play hard and with tons of heart

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I forgot about the Grayson County game. Yes they absolutely destroyed Clintwood. Grayson played the best game they played all year and Clintwood played the worst game they have played in many moons. A butt kickin is a butt kickin and we (Clintwood) sure took one that night but the key to being a great team is coming together and getting better when you get your tails handed to you. Coach Mullins has done a great job IMO this team has improved every week after the Grayson County game.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by homerun15 View Post
    Actually all these post show Galax losing, and the sports analyst ???? made a great comment that no one has acknowledged and that is Grayson using speed beat Clintwood 61-6 and Galax did beat Grayson 21-6 on what coach Dixon called one of their worst games of the season. Not bad beating the previously ranked #1 team on a bad night. I understand that teams have bad games but 61-6 proves that speed is their worst enemy. And that is true about D-1 scouts, 6'4 Deon George wide receiver is being recruited by top ACC schools. The running back and the 6'6 defensive end have small D-1 schools like JMU and Emory scouting them. I love the fact that nearly everyone is downing Galax.
    LOL 2 more FACTS for you GW and Sussex are BOTH FASTER than Galax.......CW will be the fastest team Galax has seen in the playoffs.

(If CW plays to the same level they did vs Grayson than they will lose.........IF Galax plays at the same level they did vs Glenvar than they will lose)

Inactive Member Slobber Knocker's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey musiqdestiny( sp)! Im a sports Analyst ...Bigggin is a sports analyst, so is Counts, Ironlung, R13, Rock, and the rest of the regulars. This is a sports forum..thats what you do on here. You however do not impress me!! Do you seriously think we would pick against Clintwood? One because we want to see them win and two they are from this area. Yeah, we are a little biased...so what, but we all gave intelligent comments why we think Clintwood would win.....any intelligent person that knows sports believes this will be a close game and only a couple have said blowouts which for me I do not think will happen. Just go on back to your little forum in central va, do not get so up tight redneck on us down here, enjoy the game Saturday, be safe driving home and continued succes in your sports analogies of high school teams! Love ya!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sambobird9 View Post
    musiqsdestiny
    Please help me out a little. I know Galax has a great football team. I hope your correct about the D1 schools looking at a few of the guys they surely look good on paper. There is one statement that I would like for you to clear up for me and the other folks on this message board. You said Galax destroyed two Double A teams;who are they I looked at the schedule on Max Preps and I see Glenvar, East Mont, Radford, Craig County, Fort Chiswell, Graham, Narrows, Bland, Grayson County, Holston and Lunenburg Central. I think all these schools are Single A please correct me if I'm wrong.
    As far as the size goes Clintwood is a large team Ol goes 358, 215, 220, 229, 339, 192 about a 258 average across the line backfield goes 195, 234, 172 Wides are smallish
    Clintwood's has a very solid defense 136,150,193,195,208,234,178,192,170,209,339 around a 200 average they can go bigger at times all the kids for Clintwood can and will tackle IMO they have one of the better front 8 or 9 that I have seen or the past 10 or 15 years
    Im not predicting anything as far as wins and loses go but I can promise you the kids from Clintwood will play hard and with tons of heart
    I see one of those teams was Carroll County is AA. Think this is an annual game between these two teams and Galax crushed them in their first game from what I hear. Much like Grayson County, Carrol County is a rivalry game in Football and basketball according to a friend I know who lives down that way. So I can see one AA team there, not sure who the other AA team is that musigsdestiny referred to in his/her post.