Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Clintwood vs Galax, State Championship Predictions

Galax and Clintwood, more than what meets the eye.

Clintwood-Galax: There

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here is the preview from Virginia Preps if some of you have not saw it already!

VirginiaPreps.com - Division One State Championship Preview

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

seems to me that both the Vapreps and the post by gchs_devils link are saying what i and many others say and feel. Clintwood has proven their worth the last two weeks beating teams they "shouldnt have beat". I just feel like Galax hasnt faced a team like Clintwood. On the other hand Clintwood has faced teams like Galax and won. Now im not saying that Clintwood will win because they have faced and beaten similar teams, Im saying Clintwood will win because they have faced and beaten so many different types of teams from pounding teams like Gatecity and Union and speed teams like Sussex and George Wythe. Clintwood has the ability to cause a coach to try new things to win while they play the same way they have for YEARS. Thats the element of surprise that the Wave have, the ability to strike fear in the coaching staff just as much as the players. Powell Valley loosing to Manassas Park is pefect example of what happens when a coach trys to do something different to throw off the other team. If Galax gets off their game plan to try to trick Clintwood its going to be a bad mistake IMO. I will lay money on the fact that the Wave dont change their game plan one bit from what they have been doing to win.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by musiqsdestiny View Post
    I'm a sports Analyst and Its clear with some of the messages I reading right now that you all haven't done ANY true research on Galax High School's football team, cause if you did then you would know that Galax isn't undefeated by accident by no means.
    Well, I'm certainly relieved that you're not an English teacher

I'm pulling for the Wave of course. I think they have a good shot at it, but I am worried about this one. I was very confident about their trip to Sussex as I knew about what they would face. Not so sure about Galax.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No doubt Galax is the favorite. Afterall, they are undefeated, and I don't care who you are, or who you play, that's a challenge. Clintwood has responded well to challenges, but this will be another one and probably more of one than the previous ones. Galax has some very talented weapons, and the post was right, they did beat Grayson a team that embarassed the Wave early in the year. As normal, in games like this, turnovers will likely decide the game. A couple of bad plays early by either team will give a big advantage to their opponent. I'm sure that Dixon will have a few tricks prepared, but too many changeups could have a negative affect on his team (especially if something odd doesn't work). Dealing with high school kids, adversity is tough to deal with. I do expect Dahley to hit a few more open receivers this week (if they are open) and Clintwood's receivers have gotten better as the year has went on. The key to this game is probably exactly what was said, if Clintwood can ball control the game more, the physical aspect should help. Not that Galax isn't capable of physical play, but was said, they haven't had too many games where they have had to play 4 quarters. Clintwood has had to play quite a few fourth quarter games this year, so hopefully that is an advantage. While Galax hasn't played in the state game, they have played at Salem, so the atmosphere should be less of an effect than many first-time championship teams deal with. Should be an exciting game. As much as I'd love for Clintwood to win fairly easily, for my healh if no other reason *lol*, I don't see them throttling Galax. While Galax has throttled some pretty good competition, I don't expect that to happen in this one either. Hopefully the Wave win it, as just due to the heart and improvement they made over the season, it would be a very good story and a testament to not giving up on what appears to be a lost season.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As a resident of SWVA and seeing the Green Wave play many, many, many times against my alma-mater,the J.I. Burton Raiders, I am extremely impressed with the way coach Mullins has regained this group of kids and brought them this far. Knowing some of the coaching staff at Clintwood, I know they are confident in their kids, but are fearful of Galax also. Also having lived in Central Virginia, and watching two seasons of Galax, Carrol County, Radford type football, it's definitely a different game. Clintwood's offensive line is massive for a SWVA football team and they are also athletic. Granted, a good passing attack in this region is really hard to stop and Galax posesses this with their WR with 14 TD and a QB that has thrown for nearly 2,000 yards and 19 TD. I have been to each state championship that the LPD has been represented in the past 10 years and the LPD has had the talent and drive to win the games, but has just come up short. I think this year will be different. The coaching staff for the Wave have done the best job with these kids in years and have them ready to bring a ring back to the real part of SWVA. No bashing of the kids at Galax or the fans, but Go WAVE! This game will be a dandy and I look forward to making to drive to Salem to represent the LPD. Good luck to both teams and safe travels to all involved.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sambobird9 View Post
    I dont think they played Carroll County I believe they the schedule is correct in my post Craig County according to MAX PREP and WDBJ7. Grayson County played CC they beat them 26 to 19 I think. Who ever musiqdestiny is I think he or she has drank a little too much Galax cool-aid as I have drank a little to much Clintwood cool-aid at times too!!
    No, they definetly played Carroll County. They play them every year as a scrimmage at the first of the season. I will try to find the exact score...all I know is it was a bad beat down....something like 40 to 7. I remember talking to my friend at the first of the season and he was telling me he thought they would make a deep run. So, yes they played Carroll County but it was a scrimmage and is not listed on their schedule.

Found it here 36 to 7 final score on 8/13/11
    Since I have not been a member for 3 days I cannot post the link but it is at this site after doing just a quick search. do a google search for the am radio station wwwj1370

This is the regular season schedule results:
    2011 VARSITY
    FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

08/13 GALAX VS CARROLL COUNTY (W)36-07

08/20 GALAX VS GLENVAR (W)17-14

09/02 GALAX vs FLOYD COUNTY (W)37-21

09/09 GALAX vs E. MONTGOMERY (W)56-12

09/16 GALAX vs RADFORD (W)43-00

09/23 GALAX vs CRAIG COUNTY (W)49-14

10/07 GALAX vs FT. CHISWELL (W)52-00

10/14 GALAX vs GRAHAM (W)45-14

10/21 GALAX vs NARROWS (W)48-07

10/28 GALAX vs BLAND COUNTY (W)49-00

11/04 GALAX vs GRAYSON COUNTY (W)21-06
    Last edited by LPDman; December 9th, 2011 at 09:38 PM.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
    Dang I wish Emory would have told me they were D1 on at least one the recruiting trips I made up there, I probly would have taken their offer and went there.
    One quick look on Virginiapreps I see that the only D1 recruit for Galax is Deion George their star receiver. He is being recruited by quite a few D1 schools. One listed was Virginia Tech as an "Athelete" versus a receiver though. He will be fun to watch and we all wish him well in his future endeavors....go wave

I did see that they had two other players being recruited by DII schools, their running back Jordan Vaughn and I forget the other at this time. So they have some talent on the team. According to my friend down that way they have a few others that will be DII and DIII recruits.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Gaylax schedule is what I call DB/Richlands weak. They havent played anyone. The grayson co vs clintwood was a fluke. Gaylax gets it tmrw and hard. I dont give a crap if the whole team is D1 quality. Clintwood is state championship quality. point. blank. period. plus it makes us look good if Clintwood wins

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

WWWWEEEEEAAAAAKKKKKKKKK. HEY LINE YOU WANT TO BLOCK OR JUST WATCH LUNEBURG TACKLE YOUR RB HAHAHAHA