Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Clintwood vs Galax

Galax driving on the Clintwood 48 yard line. 1:09 left.

Galax clocks the ball and then throws an incomplete pass on 2nd down.

3rd and 10 1:04 left.

QB scambles for very little. 4th down.

Incomplete on 4th down. Flag on the play. Pass interference against Clintwood.

1st and 10 on Clintwood 27 yard line

30 seconds left.

QB scambles down to the 18 yard line out of bounds. 20 seconds left.

Incomplete on second down. 14 seconds left.

Incomplete on third down. 4th down and 1. 5 seconds left from the 18 yard line.

Pass incomplete on 4th down. Game over! Clintwood wins 33-28.

Wow what a game!

Congrats Clintwood.
    Last edited by red66; December 10th, 2011 at 03:25 PM.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Clintwood wins! That makes 20 State Championship for the LPD and 4th for the WAVE!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm right here...first of all I wasn't bragging I was quoting facts and giving credit where credit is due....The ironic thing is that EVERY single Clintwood fan I spoke to at the end of the game all basically said the EXACT samething.....that the ONLY reason Clintwood won this game was because of 20pts that was handed to them due to the ball getting caught up by the wind in mid air on kicks and Galax losing it, thus resulting in it clanking off of a helment and Clintwood recovering it in excellent field position, my grandmother could of scored with that kind of field position, not to mention that those were the ONLY times Clintwood even ended up in the redzone the entire game, because before that moment Galax was clearly on route to putting up 35pts before the half because Galax moved the ball with ease the entire game and had completely shut Clintwoods offense down the entire game with the exception of 3 good drives that Clintwood had....Not to mention the time keeper that let 3+ seconds run off the clock of 4 different plays and clearly blaten pass interference call that wasn't called on the last pass of the game, if you check the replay you will see that the defender on Deon George (WR #8) clearly tackled him while the ball was in mid-air and then stood straight looking for the flag, and completely had a shocked look on his face when he realized they didn't. But without even requesting a review the VHSL has already requested game film to look over cause there even curious about the last 30secs of the game.....I'd like to take this time to quote a group of Clintwood fans that I recorded and interviewed at the end of the game....."Honestly?...I'm not gonna lie, I am very happy that the Greenwave and LPD pride brought home the state championship trophy, but in my heart I know we got lucky today cause that Tide team was very very good!! (another Clintwood fan) Yea, I mean yes we did score 14pts on our own but the rest we got lucky and had handed to us because of some faulty kicks and then got that huge break when Galax blew there coverage on that 4th down play. (Another Clintwood fan) Yea cause Galax showed the entire game that when they wasn't making mistakes there was nothing we could do to stop them on both offense and defense which surprises me cause we so much bigger than them, but yea I agree with everyone else, had we not go those few breaks Galax would of killed us and we all know that, but still yet im glad we won".......Those were clintwood fans talking need I remind you...I didn't speak to a single Clintwood fan that said the greenwave flat out beat Galax. Spoke to plenty that said you all got lucky. Honestly, there were just about 3 plays the entire game that I was impressed with in dealing with Clintwood and there were, the long pass in the 2nd half for a TD, the 30yrd run in the 2nd half for a TD, and the fact that you all did run some clock with the running game in the 2nd half despite not being able to put points on the board, the truth of the matter is and I as well as every other news station and analyst that was there all have unanomously agreed that (minus the natural wind elements that helped Clintwood and Galax's one blown coverage on the 4th down play that resulted in a touch) Galax completely dominated this game, they out ran, out passed, had more yardage on special teams, and more tackles for loss's and interceptions....Clintwood simply had some FANTASTIC things go there way with some kicks and such which resulted in Cake touchdowns, take those away and its Clear that Galax steamrolls over the greenwave in this game, not mention that Galax STILL almost won the game....But Clintwood is the State Champions and much congradulations to them

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by musiqsdestiny View Post
    I'm right here...first of all I wasn't bragging I was quoting facts and giving credit where credit is due....The ironic thing is that EVERY single Clintwood fan I spoke to at the end of the game all basically said the EXACT samething.....that the ONLY reason Clintwood won this game was because of 20pts that was handed to them due to the ball getting caught up by the wind in mid air on kicks and Galax losing it, thus resulting in it clanking off of a helment and Clintwood recovering it in excellent field position, my grandmother could of scored with that kind of field position, not to mention that those were the ONLY times Clintwood even ended up in the redzone the entire game, because before that moment Galax was clearly on route to putting up 35pts before the half because Galax moved the ball with ease the entire game and had completely shut Clintwoods offense down the entire game with the exception of 3 good drives that Clintwood had....Not to mention the time keeper that let 3+ seconds run off the clock of 4 different plays and clearly blaten pass interference call that wasn't called on the last pass of the game, if you check the replay you will see that the defender on Deon George (WR #8) clearly tackled him while the ball was in mid-air and then stood straight looking for the flag, and completely had a shocked look on his face when he realized they didn't. But without even requesting a review the VHSL has already requested game film to look over cause there even curious about the last 30secs of the game.....I'd like to take this time to quote a group of Clintwood fans that I recorded and interviewed at the end of the game....."Honestly?...I'm not gonna lie, I am very happy that the Greenwave and LPD pride brought home the state championship trophy, but in my heart I know we got lucky today cause that Tide team was very very good!! (another Clintwood fan) Yea, I mean yes we did score 14pts on our own but the rest we got lucky and had handed to us because of some faulty kicks and then got that huge break when Galax blew there coverage on that 4th down play. (Another Clintwood fan) Yea cause Galax showed the entire game that when they wasn't making mistakes there was nothing we could do to stop them on both offense and defense which surprises me cause we so much bigger than them, but yea I agree with everyone else, had we not go those few breaks Galax would of killed us and we all know that, but still yet im glad we won".......Those were clintwood fans talking need I remind you...I didn't speak to a single Clintwood fan that said the greenwave flat out beat Galax. Spoke to plenty that said you all got lucky. Honestly, there were just about 3 plays the entire game that I was impressed with in dealing with Clintwood and there were, the long pass in the 2nd half for a TD, the 30yrd run in the 2nd half for a TD, and the fact that you all did run some clock with the running game in the 2nd half despite not being able to put points on the board, the truth of the matter is and I as well as every other news station and analyst that was there all have unanomously agreed that (minus the natural wind elements that helped Clintwood and Galax's one blown coverage on the 4th down play that resulted in a touch) Galax completely dominated this game, they out ran, out passed, had more yardage on special teams, and more tackles for loss's and interceptions....Clintwood simply had some FANTASTIC things go there way with some kicks and such which resulted in Cake touchdowns, take those away and its Clear that Galax steamrolls over the greenwave in this game, not mention that Galax STILL almost won the game....But Clintwood is the State Champions and much congradulations to them
    *congratulations

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

God, you're fucking stupid. roll.gif
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Stuff like this is why I left the forum a few years ago.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well the angle is bad on the last play I can't say one way or the other but if we are going down that road......The PI call on 4th down was a Bush league game should have been over 30 sec earlier.

As for domination Galax got SUPER lucky on there 80 yard run out of the Wildcat (no less than 3 CW defenders ran past the ball carrier 1 actually bumping into them) otherwise I think the score ends up 50+ to 14

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What an asshat. You pansy asses are just lucky CW let you guys keep it close. Clintwood scored 33 straight points on that weak ass team, and could have scored 80 if Rick Mullins wasn't one classy sombitch and decided to keep it respectable. Galax let a BACKUP QB who had not played but ONE GAME all year beat them, completing only four passes! FOUR!

How embarrasing is that? To be undefeated, this big time offensive JUGGERNAUT, and get beat by a bunch of slow hill folk who spanked that ass. Galax put up 400 yards of offense, surely Clintwood was nowhere close to that. WAIT A MINUTE, CW put up 370 yards of offense, over TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY RUSHING YARDS. 250 yards! Thats embarrasing.

Galax only got close because CW LET THEM get close. Galax sucked ass, couldn't do shit. Clintwood spots Galax 14 points, and STILL beats them! Thats embarrassing.

That Division I prospect? That All-Star? Had 97 yards, but was only a factor on ONE play! ONE PLAY! LOL! Thats hilarious!

How many times did you cry Saturday night? 10? 20? 30? Aww, poor ole Galax, undefeated bad ass Galax who was gonna beat Clintwood by 30 points (thats what you predicted, Galax winning by 30) gets beat and gets 33 straight points scored on them. HAHA! LOL HAHA! LOL HAHA! LOL

Galax out-ran (FALSE), out played, out did CW in everything, but still lost.

GALAX LOST AND BLOWS! LOL! HAHA! LOL! HAHA! LOL! HAHA! LOL!
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

Inactive Member Slobber Knocker's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Biggin if you got something to say, say it! Ha! I agree this guy is just a jerk. I believe the D1 prospect had one catch over the middle and the rest were go patterns. The wind this, the wind that..but I Clintwood had to play into the wind two quarters of the game.....and Galax had the wind with them in the 2nd and 4th quarter. The wind had nothing to do with the punt that was touched by a Galax player...that player was blocking one of Clintwood's players and it bounced off his ankle. Check out the Bristol paper...that #8 was laying on his back after the last play of the game and was not looking at the official..and plus he was pushing the defender in front of him as well. Did Clintwood get breaks? You damn straight we did and like a championship team does, we capitalized. Clintwood caused some breaks by hard hitting causing fumbles...and it is not Clintwood's fault that Galax's team got out coached...who would want someone to kick again when you have the ball on the 35 and supposedly have a high powered offense? (greed is good but being stupid will get you killed) As far as VHSL requesting the tape...hahahahahahahaha (sorry)..Get used to hearing this...judgement call, judgement call, judgement call!!! The clock keeper is a VHSL cosen official and the same judgement call they used on 4th down earlier against Clintwood that could have gone either way. You are not happy Clintwood won the game. You would not be here coming up with every single excuse in the world if you did. Galax got beat by a better team Saturday. These so called breaks....thats football....Clintwood touched the ball just as much as Galax...we just chose to hang on to it and win the game. Imagine what would have happened if Dillon Dahley was back at defensive back? He is the qb that got hurt but his skills were best used at defensive back...I promise you....those hang in the air passes that Galax threw would have been picked off. Count your lucky stars that the score was close at it was.
    It's guys like this that take away from great kids like Galax's kids were and their coach had nothing but positive statements to say after the game was over and was a classy guy. They were a very good team...but Saturday, Clintwood was better!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast