0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: basketball: Central vs GC

Quote Originally Posted by Unchained View Post
    Central's gals would soundly beat any of the LPD teams-boys or gals
    No they wouldnt. They would not beat any LPD boys teams.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    No they wouldnt. They would not beat any LPD boys teams.
    I have always said that no girls team would ever beat a boys team in any sport,but this isn't the case this time. This is an exception and it's a combination of the Central girls being very good,and the LPD being very weak on the boys side. The LPD has never been known as a juggernaut in boys b-ball,but this year it is the weakest that you will ever see. Any time,any year,I would agree with you Biggin' but not this year. I hate it,but it's just a fact ); Folks get after me when I say things like that,but at some point you have to be a realist. I would be the same way if I were a fan of a Cumberland Distric school and it was football season. The kids play hard,and I respect them for it,but we are just not a hotbed of basketball talent here in our area.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I dont think this area is a hotbed for anything for that matter.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So how in the world is a girl going to get off a shot against someone that can jump and nearly touch the top of the backboard? How is a girl going to use her fundamentals when there are guys out there that can run 4.4-4.6 to beat them down the court? Central's girls have a great team, but John Battle did too when they ran 5 guard sets last year and Central couldn't even match up with them.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Kotite View Post
    So how in the world is a girl going to get off a shot against someone that can jump and nearly touch the top of the backboard? How is a girl going to use her fundamentals when there are guys out there that can run 4.4-4.6 to beat them down the court? Central's girls have a great team, but John Battle did too when they ran 5 guard sets last year and Central couldn't even match up with them.
    I have to agree to put it in prespective the top womens collage teams ronteanly practice against what amounts to intermural Boys teams and roteenly beaten by them.

While I agree that any LPD GIRLS team that can play withing 30 points of Central this season will be hard to find I also think that ANY boys team would win by roughly that same amount (All teams would be Bigger and faster than them (not a knock on the girls just the way I see it))

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Unchained View Post
    I have always said that no girls team would ever beat a boys team in any sport,but this isn't the case this time. This is an exception and it's a combination of the Central girls being very good,and the LPD being very weak on the boys side. The LPD has never been known as a juggernaut in boys b-ball,but this year it is the weakest that you will ever see. Any time,any year,I would agree with you Biggin' but not this year. I hate it,but it's just a fact ); Folks get after me when I say things like that,but at some point you have to be a realist. I would be the same way if I were a fan of a Cumberland Distric school and it was football season. The kids play hard,and I respect them for it,but we are just not a hotbed of basketball talent here in our area.
    No, they wouldn't. It would not even be close. The size, strength, athleticism, difference dooms any girls team. Ill use Union. Tyler Vernon is 6'6; how is Central gonna stop him? How are any of those girls gonna stop anybody on the block?

Every LPD boys team would beat the JJK girls by 20 and make it look easy. Theres a reason girls play against girls and boys play against boys.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ervinton Boys? haha ok maybe that is an outlier

Regardless Central girls are good, yes ,but they could not stay on the court with the undefeated team in 2000 (i think). Collier, Arney, and the Helton Twins alone was unbelievable.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

the girls mcdonalds all-americans wouldn't beat boys teams from the LPD, or any other public school

I practiced against VT's women's teams for 4 years...we had 3 guys who didn't even play high school ball and we never won by less than 60...this notion that it's even close is ridiculous...the notion that some girls from ONE school in podunk, VA would beat boys on the same level of them is even more ridiculous

btw, the scores couldve been worse, but we had certain rules where we had to play zone, couldnt press, and had to run plays that we had learned 30 min prior instead of trying to score on the break...again, ridiculous
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

-Martin Luther King Jr.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast