Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Broncos stun Steelers

Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    Looks like Brady and Co. is going to take TT, the Broncho's and all of the nutty fans that have run him into the ground...down a few notches so maybe they'll stfu.
    Not going to matter because the NFC is going to biotchslap the AFC rep
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I got SF vs NE in the Superbowl. Remember, MY opinion.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironlung View Post
    Jesus was a Pats fan this week I guess. Maybe Tebow didn't pray hard enough. Almost midway through the 4th quarter Tebow finally completed his 6th of 18 passes though.
    Tebow was probably wishing he was Jewish, so he could've got some help on a Saturday.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a hard time understanding why people have issues with Tebow's religion. I never heard this kind of stuff about Reggie White. Sure Tebow may need to tone it down a little but the man seems to be the real deal when it comes to being who he is.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    I have a hard time understanding why people have issues with Tebow's religion. I never heard this kind of stuff about Reggie White. Sure Tebow may need to tone it down a little but the man seems to be the real deal when it comes to being who he is.
    Tebow or his religion isn't the problem. It's the overzealous bible beaters who're acting like he's the second coming that Jesus himself has possessed the body of and is working through. Tebow seems like a great person and is someone it's hard to dislike, I'm tired of hearing about him being the messiah though as is many other people.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

^^ Exactly. As someone who doesn't believe in god, prayer or just religion period...Tebow doing what he does doesn't offend me, though it's annoying and I actually think it degrades Christianity more than helps it. He's not a good QB, he's not going to win a ring as a starting QB and he'll be mediocre at best IMO...so when people elevate him beyond that because of his religion is what is repulsive. He wasn't the big underdog his whole life contrary to commercials, he was a top QB coming out of HS and obviously a great college player, there's naysayers everywhere...so it was no more when he was winning his title in Florida. He went on a 6 game streak with all of the luck in the world beating par teams(not one ended up with a winning record) winning a division title with a 3-way 8-8 tie because the division was so weak. The kicker won them 4 games, bailing him and the Bronco's out with 59 yarders, that's who they should be worshiping. The only good team he beat was Pitt. and he had a good game, but it wasn't this miraculous run. So it was no surprise when Brady and co. demolished them like they did, he had almost as many TD passes as Tebow did completions in the biggest blowout in a playoff game ever...I'm only happy it shuts the annoying fans up because I don't see him as a starter in a few years.

I'm as secular as they come and proud of it, but Tebow Tebowing isn't offensive to me. He seems like a legit good guy who is genuine, but his fans have made me can't stand anything Tebow. Religious zealots drive so much stuff into the ground it's annoying as it is, but the whole new Tebow fad is obnoxious. Don't see non-believers constantly talking about Pat Tillman, an atheist and true hero, do you?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

People say he's the only one who stands up and confesses his love for God on a mainstream stage. Wrong. They talk about him having a book out and no one else.

Colt McCoy has a book out. It's about growing up, his faith, and continuing love for God. But why doesn't it get as much attention? It just sits on bookshelves and collects dust. What about Kurt Warner? That man said he loved Jesus every single time he was in front of the camera, but people didn't elevate him like this. What about Troy Palamalu (sp?). Players say they can hear this guy praying out and talking to God loudly during the middle of plays.

It's what R13, and Lung said. People are acting like Tebow has Jesus playing through him every game and that he is the second coming. It's almost like people, a lot of area "Christians/Youth leaders" as well, are acting like God didn't exist before Tim Tebow came to town. It's just sad, and annoying. I've read posts about the Tebow argument over and over on my facebook walls, one youth leader was quoted in saying "all Christians should aspire to be like Tim Tebow". Are you kidding me? That one sentence is almost the fact of idolizing the man. As always, you shouldn't want to be like any other man in this world. You can't blame Tebow. But he's a cash cow, people will always make money off of him, so we'll never hear the end of it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123