Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: GC vs Oak Hill

I've sat in front of him and Adam Keith both several times when they were doing this, and that is fact.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GC-1 View Post
    I don't think it was GC that had a near riot at a BB game last year. Think that one was over in Wise Co. And if you want to see a douche, well, do you have a mirror?
    That wasn't the fans genius, it was dumbass transfer players and a players dad. And it's not all GC fans by any means, but it's more than the regular few like most places, it's a whole section with even more scattered around. They were like that when I played and they were like that when I was several GC games last year.

And I don't remember TS being that bad, but that was several years ago and only Bball games, but I've heard stories...but I heard it was 95% Duckmeat getting rowdy more than the rest of the crowd. I did see where every TS fan was majorly pissed at RC fans the other night with them chanting USA USA USA at the foreign exchange student...but I've seen several sets of fans do that, the kids doing it are bad enough, but half of the damn adults joining in was pitiful.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

sorry im not sorry that we love our sports.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And kinda like the idiots from coeburn when they came to legion field for game 11. We had a LB knock out their qb on GC's sideline. The hit was posted on youtube, the qb's mom posted a comment that gc fans at the fencr were trying to kick through the fence and hit him along with the players on the sideline. I watched the play about 30 times and seen none of that. All I seen was some emotion from the sideline after the hit but after everyone realized the kid was hurt they stopped and gc's coaching staff reacted and went to help the kid. No one on the fence was kicking or anything just in awe from the good CLEAN hit. Ppl try to give us a bad name, I guess thats what happen when you have the target on your back all the time. Oh well....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lol yeah, it's the "they hate us because we're good" thing. Wrong. I respect GC players, they've had some of the best athletes around and some of the best local teams in multiple sports I've seen...the fans take away from that an give the whole program a bad rep., it's sad.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Everybody hates a winner. we could br the kindest fans on thr planet but yall are still gonna hate. We dont care what ANYBODY thinks we go out to win, not to make friends. Its sports not a social gathering.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No doubt GC has a great sports program, but from an objective viewpoint your fans really are a bit much. Rude, and pompous bunch of crybabies is how I would describe them and I have nothing against GC. I like several of the players and have worked with them, as well as some of your coaches. But your fans are terrible.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Pretty interesting gc fans think the same about other schools. I dont understand how we are cry babies considering we usually win but ok.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Not intending to pile on, but

The worst I've ever seen a crowd behave (in person) was the Gate City side during a PV / GC game at BSG sometime in the 90's. It was to the point of being surreal. I remember thinking, "dang is this really even happening?!" I was standing by the fence on the GC side towards the scoreboard. Nothing was directed at me, of course I gave no indication who I was for or where I was from, but dang!!!!!!! It was like a wild wonderful White's of West Va. get together on steroids.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gchs_devils View Post
    Pretty interesting gc fans think the same about other schools. I dont understand how we are cry babies considering we usually win but ok.
    That's just it, that attitude right there. When you lose, it's never your fault. It's just the mindset your fans have that you are GC and everyone should bow to you. My job requires me to be around a lot of high school sports and several different schools. Gate City is the worst, and nearly all opposing teams think as much. Just speaking of the fans, the players are normally a class act.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast