Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: GC vs Oak Hill

Im a class act. And the rest of the fans I usually sit with are too. I never blame anyone but GC when they lose even I thinl there was a bad call or not, you shouldnt of been in the spot where one call is gonna influence the game. I have never yelled at another coach, fan, or player without legitiment reason to defend a player. I know several jerks at gc but I also know several at union, clintwood, jib. it only takes 1 to ruin the rest though. Im always the type to talk to other players especially playmakers after a game to tell them good game and keep it up and sometimes ask about their future. Dont assume we are all bad apples. Yeah we can rowdy sometimes but there is usually a reason for something. Thanks

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by duckmeat View Post
    That's just it, that attitude right there. When you lose, it's never your fault. It's just the mindset your fans have that you are GC and everyone should bow to you. My job requires me to be around a lot of high school sports and several different schools. Gate City is the worst, and nearly all opposing teams think as much. Just speaking of the fans, the players are normally a class act.
    This x10000000000000000000000

And GC has by far the worst fans I have encountered, by a longshot. Not the whole fanbase mind you, tons of quality people act decent and support their team with class, but a chunk of that fanbase is horrible, just terrible. I have a high tolerance for fandom, I used to be quite the sight to see at sporting events, but some GC folk take it way too far. Racist slurs, horrible vulgarity (and I LOVE swearing so thats saying something coming from me), just over the top behavior. Football games are the worst, because GC fans feel they are entitled to teh visitor bleachers as well and it makes a mess. I almost exchanged blows one time because a set of GC fans said some of the nastiest things I have ever heard to Chris Kelly, talking about his disabilities and such. Not all GC fans are like that, but those were horrible and I told them as much.

GC basketball fans arent quite as bad, but some are still way over the top.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I used to be quite the sight to see at sporting events
    Did I miss the memo or something?
    [img]http://gifsoup.com/view2/3012246/uva-wisepuntreturntd-o.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation Re: GC vs Oak Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    This x10000000000000000000000

And GC has by far the worst fans I have encountered, by a longshot. Not the whole fanbase mind you, tons of quality people act decent and support their team with class, but a chunk of that fanbase is horrible, just terrible. I have a high tolerance for fandom, I used to be quite the sight to see at sporting events, but some GC folk take it way too far. Racist slurs, horrible vulgarity (and I LOVE swearing so thats saying something coming from me), just over the top behavior. Football games are the worst, because GC fans feel they are entitled to teh visitor bleachers as well and it makes a mess. I almost exchanged blows one time because a set of GC fans said some of the nastiest things I have ever heard to Chris Kelly, talking about his disabilities and such. Not all GC fans are like that, but those were horrible and I told them as much.

GC basketball fans arent quite as bad, but some are still way over the top.
    Sorry we take up the home side and half the away. Last I checked it was GC's field and a free country, anyone can sit anywhere. idc if u went to the home side and sat. I sit on the away side. Plus PV never brought enough fans to feel up the away side anyways. Plus colleged and pros have mixed crowds. but some ppl ate just like yourself are just lookin for trouble and thats what u get

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gchs_devils View Post
    Sorry we take up the home side and half the away. Last I checked it was GC's field and a free country, anyone can sit anywhere. idc if u went to the home side and sat. I sit on the away side. Plus PV never brought enough fans to feel up the away side anyways. Plus colleged and pros have mixed crowds. but some ppl ate just like yourself are just lookin for trouble and thats what u get
    Yeah it's a free country. So with that, you could also fart in a crowded elevator or wear a Marilyn Manson t-shirt to Sunday church service. It doesn't make it any less obnoxious.
    As for people hating GC simply because they're successful...I think we can all agree that, for example, Clintwood has a very successful football program, and you won't hear anything but good about their fan base as a whole. I decided I was done with Gate City when we played them in basketball my senior year. One of our classmates had passed away and the funeral was earlier that day. All of the players, cheerleaders, and many of the fans wore black arm bands with the student's number on it. During the game, there were a number of comments and chants regarding the "Halloween bands." Just completely disrespectful and inappropriate. I'm all about being competitive and rowdy, but there's a limit to that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Their fans don't get it, they really don't. They actually believe they are in the right.

Last years region D v-ball championship, a prominent coach in the gc coaching family absolutely ripped Eastside's players as well as an official all during the game and from the bleachers with other GC fans. It was to the point I felt embarrassed for the guy.

Just a small example of what GC fans look up to.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gchs_devils View Post
    Looking for trouble? What the fuck are you talking about? If I was looking for trouble, I would have found it. But every other person on here has said how shitty your fans are. Its not just me. Are you saying Chris Kelly was lookin for trouble? How bout duck, or the rest of these people talkin about how obnoxious GC fans are?
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    The guy is a dumbass, but it's the GC crowd, by far the biggest collection of annoying, redneck douches you'll find in SWVA.
    Key word in this sentence, REDNECKS! That would have been that youngins worst mistake if he made it to the stands hahaha

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123