Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My Region D, Division 2 Boys Points Breakdown

Ok, this is complicated so hang with me.

Gate City: 28/27
    Union: 28/27
    Honaker: 23/22 (If they were to win the tournament it would be higher)
    Lebanon: 22/18
    VHS: 21/20
    Central: 19/15
    John Battle 14/10

Basically, Gate City wants to lose and give Union the number one seed, this would leave them playing John Battle and the Honaker/Central winner to make the state tournament. So, Union wants to lose too to avoid this because Honaker can't catch them in points. Farther down the bracket, Lebanon wants to lose to John Battle so they are out pointed by Central (assuming Central beats CW on its home floor), this would put Lebanon out of Gate City's bracket and have them play Honaker and the Union/Battle (Play in game opponent) winner to make the state tournament. Thus, Central wants to throw its game against Clintwood too so they can play Honaker.

Yes, as I stated this SYSTEM IS ABSOLUTE GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [img]http://gifsoup.com/view2/3012246/uva-wisepuntreturntd-o.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: My Region D, Division 2 Boys Points Breakdown

Worse than the BCS no doubt. What a joke. A team like Central's boys this year (even if it's my team) has absolutely no business in the post-season. This mess rewards mediocrity and makes working hard during the regular season a mute point because everybody gets in. A system that promotes losing should be in the trash bin
    Last edited by Unchained; February 17th, 2012 at 12:57 AM.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

GC doesnt "want" to lose. GC will play to win. GC beat Leb 17+ both times, if you play like a champion during tourney time then it dont matter who u play. If your in it to "just get by" you derserve to on the couch in march. GC will play to win saturday night. No ifs, ands, or buts, about it. Each team controls their OWN destiny. Win and do your thing and it doesnt matter who you play.

Inactive Member Widespread_Panic's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PV2WISE2VCU View Post
    Basically, Gate City wants to lose and give Union the number one seed, this would leave them playing John Battle and the Honaker/Central winner to make the state tournament.
    Gate City isn't going to lose in hopes of gaining a better seed. They are 20 points better than any team in Region D. If this tournament was seeded correctly VA High and Lebanon would be ahead of Union because the level of play in the Clinch Mountain District is much more competitive compared to the LPD.
    The test is simple, if "your" team wins a national championship, do you get a championship ring? If the answer is yes, then you can say "we." If not, you can't.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Widespread_Panic View Post
    Gate City isn't going to lose in hopes of gaining a better seed. They are 20 points better than any team in Region D. If this tournament was seeded correctly VA High and Lebanon would be ahead of Union because the level of play in the Clinch Mountain District is much more competitive compared to the LPD.
    You realize that the LPD is 6-5 against the CMD this year right? All five of the losses are by Central too. I'll grant you that Gate City is the best team in the region but JIB beat Lebanon by 13 points on a neutral floor.
    [img]http://gifsoup.com/view2/3012246/uva-wisepuntreturntd-o.gif[/img]

Inactive Member Widespread_Panic's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I do, but I'll give you another way to look at the situation. Lee (last place team in the CMD) lose at Union (#1 seed in LPD) by only 3 points. Union makes it to the finals as long as they avoid playing VA High or Gate City. I also think Lebanon could give them problems. Their younger players have improved as the season has progressed.
    The test is simple, if "your" team wins a national championship, do you get a championship ring? If the answer is yes, then you can say "we." If not, you can't.