Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: VHSL latest on redistricting

How many proposals does this make now? Seems like every few months or so there is some redistricting issue coming up.
    "Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by basketballguy View Post
    I feel like the area needs to even the districts out a little especially after the redistricting. LPD needs to pick up Lee or Lebanon if not both.
    The problem with that is the Burton has been on the cusp of jumping ship to the CD for several years now and bringing in Lee and Lebanon may push them over the edge......That being said Lee would be a great Fit and Lebanon would be good as well.....I would like to see Eastside in there as well......Grundy moveing over would cause the BDD to backslide plus other than for Clintwood they are a bit out of the way

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bring Eastside back into the LPD and also Lee. Let Lebanon stay in the CMD or join the BDD. Norton will stay in the LPD bc the CD doesn't want them. I thought they tried to jump to the CD this year but was declined?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by basketballguy View Post
    Bring Eastside back into the LPD and also Lee. Let Lebanon stay in the CMD or join the BDD. Norton will stay in the LPD bc the CD doesn't want them. I thought they tried to jump to the CD this year but was declined?
    Was this year or last year but they were declined.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Im kind of bias to the LPD and i want to see some stiff competition in it. I would love to see Gatecity and Lee come in and make it better. Lebanon would be a middle class team in football as wil Lee, But Gatecity would throw their hat in the running every season for top LPD team. You would have Union, Gatecity, Rose Ridge (dickenson co), Lee, Central, and JIB (assuming they stay) in the LPD and to me that would be a tougher district than having Lebanon, Lee, Union, Central, Rose Ridge, and JIB. Either way you cut it the Clinch Mountain District with the additions of Richlands, Marion, and Tazwell will be the toughest District in the new 2A system.
    The best thing about this new classification system is that down here in SWVA we have the ability to make districts that all competing schools will be the same classification. JIB could go to the Cumberland and be in an all 1A district, the LPD and the CMD will be all 2A schools an so forth. To me that is better than the Dulles District with 6A and 5A schools and one 2A. Either way its cut, the LPD will not be the same LPD of 20 years ago. New teams are coming in and old teams will leave. I just hope the level of competition dont change.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Forgot about Abingdon, they'd be 3A.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Eastside won't come to the lpd. They puss'd out of the lpd to win a few more football games years ago. Same administration that did it is still there. Not going to happen.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I won;t say that Burton has not tried to go to the CD, but seems that was Shupe, then Williams trying to talk the principals into making the move. Jimbo always has been pro LPD, his statement that we don't need a $ team District was meaning to bring Eastside back in and Castlewood too the switch, now that Jimbo is AD that is over with unless forced to move to another District we will stay LPD.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UnIoNfAn View Post
    Im kind of bias to the LPD and i want to see some stiff competition in it. I would love to see Gatecity and Lee come in and make it better. Lebanon would be a middle class team in football as wil Lee, But Gatecity would throw their hat in the running every season for top LPD team. You would have Union, Gatecity, Rose Ridge (dickenson co), Lee, Central, and JIB (assuming they stay) in the LPD and to me that would be a tougher district than having Lebanon, Lee, Union, Central, Rose Ridge, and JIB. Either way you cut it the Clinch Mountain District with the additions of Richlands, Marion, and Tazwell will be the toughest District in the new 2A system.
    The best thing about this new classification system is that down here in SWVA we have the ability to make districts that all competing schools will be the same classification. JIB could go to the Cumberland and be in an all 1A district, the LPD and the CMD will be all 2A schools an so forth. To me that is better than the Dulles District with 6A and 5A schools and one 2A. Either way its cut, the LPD will not be the same LPD of 20 years ago. New teams are coming in and old teams will leave. I just hope the level of competition dont change.
    I can tell you for certain Gate City does not want to rejoin the LPD. Only way it happens is if it is forced.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    GC will not leave the CMD unless forced to. I hear Lebanon wants to leave the CMD and would make a good fit for the LPD.
    Why would Lebanon want to leave the CMD when they're basically right in the middle of the district geographically? They're a half hour or a little more from everyone except Lee and Marion, and Marion's an easier trip than Clintwood. And if Lee jumps to the LPD, Lebanon won't avoid that trip either.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast