After discussions with R0ck, steer, and Stripes (as well as HostBoard's ownership), we're going to shut down the LPD Forum on HostBoard effective 6/30/12, when it will go into read-only status. On 9/30/12, we will shut it down for good--the board will no longer exist on HostBoard, and no archives will be kept.

Now--I want to say that I welcome some of the remaining membership that wants a message board of some type (Region D coverage, maybe?) to feel free to create another one if they wish. In my opinion, guys like Unchained, Double D, Lung, centennialdawg, Beast, starbuck, etc...would be awesome guys to put their heads together and start up another board if they want. I'm not volunteering them, but that's just my opinion. They've all been here for a LONG time on this board in every permutation, and can keep the spirit of folks who enjoyed this board like Jim, OleTob, and retiredteach alive and kicking in another format elsewhere. I do believe that folks like myself and R0ck (for sure), and maybe steer/Stripes too, probably wouldn't be up for moderating on a new board if one came about. I'll let you all applaud now. Truth is, we're just tired, and with all the changes--it's time to step away for a bit.

Even though it was a headache at times, I've enjoyed being a moderator/admin on this board, and I appreciate R0ck for giving me the opportunity to help out back in I believe it was 2004'ish. I may have rubbed folks the wrong way and made some moderation calls that weren't always popular, but I want to promise you all this, man to man/woman, I always tried to do my best to keep this board running smoothly. I won't speak for the rest of the mods, but I whole-heartedly believe their motivations were the same. I've made some friends/acquaintances on this board that will be life-long, and will never regret that one single bit.

I've never hidden behind my screen name, and most folks know me more by my real name than my ID on here. So...instead of looking up CoeburnCane, if you need something in the future, feel free to hit up Brad Ketron on Facebook. No matter what our posting past may be on here, if there's something I can help you with out in the real world--don't hesitate to contact me.

Please post all final platitudes/comments/screw-you's below...lol...everyone take care. At the risk of sounding corny: Long live the LPD.