what are the chances of snow tonight
what are the chances of snow tonight
i heard on the radio that in the higher elevations 5 inches for tonight and tomar...i doubt it tho....but thats what the radio said.
[img]http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/9434/paplebon2xs4.th.png[/img]
Weatherchannel.com isnt givin much snow at all. Mostly rain tonight and some snow flurries tomar.
[img]http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/9434/paplebon2xs4.th.png[/img]
anyone know what time the flurries are supposed to start?
i hope it doesnt snow cwood has a bassball scrimmage tomorrow and i wanted to see it..
oh rly...what time does it start and who against?
Sorry about all the caps, it was cut-and-paste.
... ACCUMULATING SNOWFALL POSSIBLE AFTER MIDNIGHT TONIGHT INTO TUESDAY ACROSS THE MOUNTAINS OF EAST TENNESSEE... EXTREME SOUTHWEST VIRGINIA AND EXTREME SOUTHWEST NORTH CAROLINA...
A STRONG COLD FRONT WILL MOVE INTO THE SOUTHERN APPALACHIANS TONIGHT ... AND RAIN SHOWERS WILL INCREASE IN COVERAGE AS THE EVENING PROGRESSES. A FEW THUNDERSTORMS WILL BE POSSIBLE THIS EVENING AND TONIGHT AS THE FRONT GETS CLOSER. COLDER AIR BEHIND THE FRONT WILL INVADE THE AREA AFTER MIDNIGHT. THIS COLDER AIR WILL CAUSE THE RAIN SHOWERS TO CHANGE TO SNOW SHOWERS... MAINLY ACROSS AREAS ABOVE 2500 FEET. THE BIG QUESTION IS WHETHER THE COLD AIR... MOISTURE... AND LIFT WILL ALL REACH THE AREA AT THE SAME TIME. IT CURRENTLY APPEARS THAT ONE TO TWO INCHES OF SNOW WILL ACCUMULATE BY SUNRISE TUESDAY MORNING ACROSS THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS BY TUESDAY AFTERNOON COULD RANGE FROM ONE TO FOUR INCHES ABOVE 2500 FEET... WITH THE THREE TO FOUR INCH AMOUNTS ABOVE 3500 FEET.
<font color="brown"> For Wise County School Closings, please refer to the website </font color> Wise County Schools
And this section tells how the school closing/delay decisions are made:
School Closing Process
![]()
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
what bout the temp...what are the lows and highs?
I tell ya what really pisses me off is that the college doesn't go onto snow schedule until AFTER 8:00....i have a class at 8:00....so on my way to class I call my girlfriend to tell her I'm skipping my next class b/c it was starting to stick on the roads and I wouldn't get back home if I had stayed at school...her response was "we're on snow schedule baby"...I looked on TV this morning and it said nothing!!...So i go on to the college since I'm about 1/2 mile from there anyways and a buddy of mine is setting in class...I tell him we're on snow and he said he had also checked on TV and the website and there was nothing!!!...I wish the college would tell us sooner...Wise Co. schools are lucky!..it rains and they close [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Bookmarks