Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hacking get 6 yrs. to Life.

Hacking get 6 yrs. to Life.

Mark Hacking was sentenced Monday to six years to life in prison for the shooting death of his wife while she slept last July, bringing to a close a murder that shocked Utah and still hasn't been fully explained.
    Judge Denise Lindberg listened to nearly two hours of emotional testimony before handing down the only sentence she could under Utah law.
    Lindberg said only the parole board could determine how long Hacking will ultimately stay in prison, but that she will recommend that he be held "a very long time."
    Mark Hacking, 29, said there was no excuse he could offer for his behavior, and that he'd give a thousand lifetimes in prison if he could to amend for his actions.
    "She didn't do nothing but love me unconditionally, even when I didn't deserve it. She was the greatest thing that ever happened to me, but I killed her, and took the life of my unborn child and put them in the garbage and I can't explain whey I did it," Hacking said in a halted voice when addressing the judge and family members.
    "I put them in the garbage, and they rotted out at the landfill. I'm tormented every waking minute by what I did," he said.
    In April, Mark Hacking pleaded guilty to first-degree murder with a brief admission: "I intentionally shot Lori Hacking in the head with a .22 rifle on July 19, 2004."
    Utah's system of indeterminate sentences for crimes can be confusing. First-degree murder brings a mandatory five years to life, but Hacking's minimum will be increased to six years because he used a firearm. The judge can only impose the broad range of sentence, leaving it up to Utah's Board of Pardons and Parole to decide when or if Hacking will ever be set free.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Hacking get 6 yrs. to Life.

The "to life" part of this is ok I guess. But the "6 years" part makes no sense. Personally, I think he should have gotten the death penelty.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

what does the death penalty do to this guy?? make him live out what he did for the rest of his life
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

-Martin Luther King Jr.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry, I just believe in the death penelty if it fits the crime. In this case I think it does. To begin with, he ended her life, but his goes on. Then how many millions of taxpayers dollars will be spent to keep him in prison? There is no doubt he is guilty. None. The death penelty for somebody like this would be a fitting punishment. But that is only my opinion.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    "I put them in the garbage, and they rotted out at the landfill. I'm tormented every waking minute by what I did," he said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well inject or fry his a** and end his torment for what he did. His wish. So give it to him. I'd hate for the taxpayers of that state to pay to keep him alive, especially when he is being tormented so badly, he should be put out of his pain and suffering.

Im almost in favor of abolishing the death penalty.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    what does the death penalty do to this guy??

[/ QUOTE ]

The good Lord has something waiting on people like that. And that is a better punishment than anything there ever will be! Vengence is mine thus sayeth the Lord. I strongly think that any murderer or rapist when found guilty should be put to death. And the best way is not the chair or injection but bring back the stoning!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They should hang him.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Supreme Court and the ACLU have almost abolished the death penelty already. They have made a joke of our justice system. I think that for certain crimes the death penelty should not only be given, but carried out after one appeal. That would give murderers and rapists something to think about, save billions of dollars of tax money, and stop prison overcrowding.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Doesn't the Good Book also say "Judge not, lest ye be judged yourself?"
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast