Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Poem

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member Shoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2002
    Posts
    1,620
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Poem

    Here is a poem I wrote the other night. It is kinda in memory of my son, but it is also in memory of all the loved ones we have lost. Let me know what you think. Hope you all like it.

    I wish I could hear you laugh
    I wish that we could play
    I wish I could see you smile
    I wish I could hold you for one more day

    I keep your photograph
    It reminds me of better days
    But I feel so lonesome now
    I just want to take your place

    I know you hear my prayers
    I know you're with me when I cry
    But I just can't help but ask God why
    I just wish my pain would go away

    My life hasn't been the same since you went away
    I don't know how much more I can take
    Then I see you in my dreams
    That helps me get through on more day
    "Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

  2. #2
    Inactive Member LPDfanincarolina's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2002
    Posts
    250
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Poem

    Thanks for posting this poem Shoe. It kinda sums up about the way I feel about my brother whom we buried just a few weeks ago.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_kydawg95's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    426
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Poem

    that's a good poem! shoe
    free like OJ all day

  4. #4
    Inactive Member cats78's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2004
    Posts
    204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Poem

    Good job Shoe.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •