Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Last movie you watched

The Dark Knight- wow factor is 10/10....unbelievable, best experience I ever had watching a movie at the theater.... and I go to the movies ALOT! I'm thinking though after that wears off overall the movie is a 9/10 because theres a few problems I have with it. To me it just didn't flow quite as well as Begins, there was some unneeded bloat and too much emphasis put on things in certain scenes that felt like overkill. Though im gonna watch it again so I will have a better idea of how I feel after that. 9/10 is still amazing though, what can I say I'm very critical of movies...even ones I'm a huge fan of.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

P.S. I Love You - Wow, Hillary Swank IS a woman after all.

Vantage Poing - A decent, albeit extremely predictable film.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Dark Knight - Pretty good Batman movie. I enjoyed it more than Batman Begins, and Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker was also pretty good as expected. The movie was a little too long, however, and the story wasn't all that great and there also weren't really many spectacular moments (despite a few exceptions here and there). There are a few cool surprises which sort of make up for it, though. Overall, it's a good flick but not even close to as good as it's hyped up to be. I would give it about a B or B+ if I had to rate it. It's nothing I'd want to see again for a while, but I would still say it's a must-watch for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, if even for Ledger's performance alone which is something you certainly don't see very often in a movie.
    Officially retired

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

X-Files - In a word "disappointing" . Would have made a good tv episode but very lacking for a big movie .
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hellboy II - Very visually appealing but very lacking in plot. Not even half as good as the first.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Step Brothers - that movie was hilarious. It's a lot more racy, and rauncy than Talladega Nights. It's definitely a grown up comedy, and very crude humor. You'll laugh.. if you don't, you have no sense of humour.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victory or Death</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Step Brothers - that movie was hilarious. It's a lot more racy, and rauncy than Talladega Nights. It's definitely a grown up comedy, and very crude humor. You'll laugh.. if you don't, you have no sense of humour.</div></div>

Agreed.
    [I]I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech. [/I]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

X-files: I want to believe

As I did want to believe and for the first half of the movie, they really had something going, then it kind of fell apart. The general story was good, but they tried to spin it around too much into things with Scully and faith. One nice surprise in the later half of the film kept it from totally slumping late. Being a huge X-files fan, I give it a B- to a C+ at best. Honestly they didn't have enough Mulder being Mulder, his smart arse and off the cuff comments were a huge part of the show, and he had a few zingers early but then it turned into oh yeah we gotta finish this movie. They should have cut about 15 minutes off of this one and it may have been better.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Ruins - was horrible, it sucked. What's scary about poison ivy on steroids? nothing...

21 - not bad at all. Im really liking Jim Sturgess, the kid is a good actor. He's had 2 hits, Across the Universe and this..

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Step Brothers - I'm in agreement with Adam's review it was hilarious.