Marks the anniversary (16th) of the beginning of the end of a hellish time in my life. Today was my 1st clean day, a day without cocaine in my system. Thanks to an angel that God sent me by the name of Brenda Turman, combined with the death of one of my party buds in Roanoke by the name of Tracey Lupkous, I was able to defeat this demon. There's something about partying with a friend and 20 minutes later watching the NRV rescue squad unsuccessfully try to save a life (Tracey was 16). I realized that the next one lying on that floor could have been me.
Guys: I know we have posters on here who are battling this addiction, or other drug addictions. I know this because I talk to them through PMs often. I'll not name names of course, but I have been there, got the scars, and they will have my support, shoulder, and ear through it all.
Please, if you are struggling with this-get help. The only ride this will earn you is a ride in a hearse. If you are thinking about it, please don't. It's not just about you. I put my family and friends through hell with things I did and said. Tears of regret still fall like rain even after all of these years. People say if they had things to do over again, they wouldn't change a thing. I would change this is a heartbeat. The positive is I survived this, and it made me stronger. Now I use this to reach out to young folks and let them know that I have been down that road and know where it leads-a dead end. I'm a wiser man now, and will speak to anybody who will listen. I miss Tracey. I miss hanging out with him. He was the kind of person that you couldn't be around even if you were down, without him keeping you in tears of laughter. His death was not in vain.





Bookmarks