-
June 6th, 2006, 12:27 PM
#1
Inactive Member
-
June 6th, 2006, 01:16 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Re: D-Day
All gave some; some gave all.
Thanks
-
June 7th, 2006, 10:18 AM
#3
Inactive Member
Re: D-Day
It is truely amazing how all the allied troops faught so bravely at the beaches of Normandy. Those beaches were so heavily defended by the Germans that its amazing that it was a successful invasion. To me it shows Divine Intervention. It is also truely amazing that throughout history you can see many instances where divine intervention was persent in major battles that changed the world.
I want to say Thank you to all those men who gave so much and faught so bravely so that we all could retain our freedoms.
-
June 7th, 2006, 10:31 AM
#4
Inactive Member
Re: D-Day
Indeed.. very well said.
Last night on the History Channel (which I love btw), they had D-Day veterans discussing what they had to endure, and one man was talking about these cliffs that were hundreds of feet tall, and he was like "The Germans didn't think that we were crazy enough to scale those 100-foot walls under heavy fire just to reach that one position". After he said that, it showed real footage of soldiers climbing up the walls with ropes.
It was a truly amazing day -- the bravery will not be forgotten.
-
June 7th, 2006, 10:49 AM
#5
Guest
Re: D-Day
Those were some good picture Chubz.
What i always notice in anything about war is the face of those who are fighting it.
I think it pays everyone to stop for a minute and to reflect, on those who fought in any war. To think that someone's family member in some form or fashion give the ultimate sacrifice for freedom.
And many times not just for the US but for countries who depend on us.
Sometime when your looking, take the time to look at the faces, of these young folks and a moment to reflect.
-
June 7th, 2006, 11:38 AM
#6
Guest
Re: D-Day
"The Greatest Generation" , does anyone think we could do it again? Tough question, many didn't think we could the first time. I was asked once about the distance we live from towns and what would happen if someone really got out of line. I had to laugh at the folks that posed the question, at that time there were 3 gents that seen combat thru most of WWII, a guy that was a medic in Korea and 3 Viet Nam vets all within 1/4 mile of home, most within 2 stones throw. Anybody that stirred these guys up would have to crazy. Nah , I didn't think anything serious would ever happen here, and I couldn't think of better company if it did. I made sure my son knew a little bit about them and the dues they had paid. I don't think our history classes go into some areas enough, if America doesn't learn from the past, we won't be much for the future. Thanks Vets, all of you.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks