Thread: Katrina RipOff.

Katrina RipOff.

FEMA paid over 1 billions dollars out, for bogus rental needs, and work not done, in the Katrina Hurricane disaster.
    One such person requested money from FEMA for emergency living needs. The address give was a cemetery in New Orleans.
    The GAO is now investigating many of the request made, to ensure this never happens again.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Katrina RipOff.

FEMA apparently is an easy ripoff, just look at what happened in Buchanon County a couple of years ago. Of course, it may be easy in the beginning, but you catch serious heck to pay.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I blame New Orleans mayor for what happened. Like someone posted right after it happened, the mayor was given X millions of dollars to the city to fix the levys and he turns around and spends it on building basketball courts in the ghettos.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

I guess what bothers me, about what i posted. In today's technology world. You cannot confirm a residential address.
    I can see what happened in Buchanan Co., happening in New Orleans also, but things like the cemetary address.
    You can do an a simple address search on the net and find out if it was legit or not.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

One man used the money for a sex change. The latest figure that I heard was the 16% of the overall FEMA money was used for some very unscrupulous purposes.
    I make Machiavelli look like a weenie.

And what no one can comprehend. Federal or State aid. Even if received illegally. It is hardly every recouped. Some may face jail time. But money wise, if they put it to good uses. Then the people are the one's who got screwed over. Jail time for 200,000 dollars and it not touched, because it can't be, because your convicted and declared bankruptcy.
    5 years at 40,000 dollars a year. Hmm a pretty good salary to return home to.
    Oh and while in a federal prison your earn some money also, plus your taken care of in many ways. What a way to suffer and to pay for your crimes.