Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Cartoon

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cartoon

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060821/...uk_tomandjerry

    How lame are we as a society when we whine if we see a character in a 50 year old cartoon smoking? These little politically correct crybabies that whine and complain about every little thing needs to have a reality check....my idea would be for them to live back in the old days, 40's or 50's....start that complaining crap and get a good rap in the old Jack Johnson. The generation that lived back then didn't complain about every little thing that offended them. Take a life lesson people...some people may enjoy these little things you harp on. Better be glad it wasn't Jonny Quest you were complaining about....I'd have had to hunt this person down!
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cartoon

    I was reading about this in another forum and I must agree that this is ridiculous..

    If they can do this to cartoons, why not do the same thing to older movies aired on television? Etc., etc., etc.

    I think they should leave these classic cartoons alone and if they feel they're inappropriate to the public (and they AREN'T for Christ's sake), instead of taking scissors to them and shredding them apart, they should just flat out take them off the air period.
    Officially retired

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cartoon

    We live in a world thats completely screwed up, too freaking politically correct. Everytime I read about such things it really just makes me want to scream.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  4. #4
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Cartoon

    good move by whomever decided this. Smoking and tobacco should be illegal.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member 89bluedevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    763
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cartoon

    yes, especially for cartoon cats. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Seriously, one complaint started all this. Maybe this one person could call and complain about something more important.

  6. #6
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Cartoon

    What though? Most of those cartoons were made before the harmful effects of smoking were ever discovered, they were in a sense glorified and portrayed in a light that it was "cool" to smoke.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member 89bluedevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    763
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cartoon

    I agree with you that smoking shouldn't be glorified to kids. Parents should be telling their kids how dangerous it is as infants. Seems to me that there are other television shows, magazine ads, music videos, etc. that would be a better target for this effort.

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cartoon

    it's amazing so many of turned out alive and didn't go fall off mountains or run around trying to kill the rabbit or turned stoves on our cats or jumped off buildings, etc etc etc.

    Of course most of us had parents who actually did their job, be it one parents, or two.

    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member imported_juggernaut28's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    941
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cartoon

    You have a right to feel this way, that is your opinion. But I think this is quite a fuss when really there are more important things the world should be more concerned about. I smoke as you know and in NO WAY do I influence my children to or tell them hey boys mom smokes so you know what I want you to also. How stupid is that? Someone thinking hey the parents smoke cigarette's it must be their idea it is ok if their child does. I started smoking to just see how it was, most likely there is something you and the whole world has experienced to just see how it was.
    I wouldn't care if smoking was banned or even if it was taken off the market, be easier to quit for alot of people.
    Also this smoking causes cancer, maybe it does, but I know of people that got lung cancer and didn't smoke nor did anyone in their household. But hey maybe when they went places where people smoked then second hand smoke caused it. Please I don't believe that in every cancer case.
    But there are other things our society as a whole should really be concerned about. Like what these generations are teaching our children morally. All I see in magazines and on tv is advertising of sex and drinking. It is good that smoking comercials were banned I agree with that, smoking is a bad habit. But don't you think sex and drinking should be banned also from comercials? Sex should be taught to be between a man and wife, not before. Same with drinking, it looks so attractive to these young kids growing up. My point is, I don't agree with advertising smoking but good grief exploiting sex and drinking is alot worse IMO.
    The results of smoking can cause cancer as being told by doctors, the results of drinking can cause damage to one's liver and also if driving while drinking can cause accidents if not death, and premarital sex with multiple partners can cause STD's. I can see a point to where don't allow smoking out in public, but goodness while we are concerned about smoking why not be concerned morally with what is happening to our children in today's society.
    Our children are being killed today by the abuse of illegal drugs, which in some cases are being seen done at home by the parents. Drinking, many kids have died by this abuse as well. We have students every year in schools with STD's, believing that sex is ok as long as it is being done with protection. No this is wrong.
    Before some man thinks he is so knowledgeable about smoking and trying to stop it from being influenced in our young generation, why not start at the top of the problem and work on down. Believe me smoking isn't on the top of that list. I am more concerned that my child will get out here with the wrong crowd who is drinking and sleeping around before he is even mature enough to be a responsible adult. I worry that he will be influenced by illegal drugs that give this so called ultimate high.
    Both my children have told me to quit smoking and that they hate it. They tell me it causes cancer and it is not good on my health. I tell them they are right and I don't want them doing it cause I do it. Don't start a bad habit. Smoking is disgusting and harmful, I agree. But so many people are hypocritical toward smokers when if they just look around them they will see a whole big world full of things alot worse than someone smoking a cigarette.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cartoon

    I have to go with juggernaut28, great post. I would also like to say that I have been around smokers in my family my whole life and I wasn't influenced to become a smoker, I did try smoking didn't like and decided it wasn't for me when I was very young. I also gotta call bs to a good friend of mine who says he started smoking in Iraq because there was nothing else to do and it passed the time. He started smoking because he wanted to and he was most likely just out of skoal and wanted the nicotine.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •