Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Campaigning

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Guest 's Avatar

    Campaigning

    I know it seems simple. But it isn't.
    How or what would you the average person and voter want to see in a campaign.
    We've seen some wild stuff over the last couple years.
    But in all honesty what would you rather see and how would you rather see a campaign run.
    The mudslinging, more debates of the issues, more information on those running etc.
    I guess in some ways i would like to see what the real voter wants to know.
    What would likely make you want to vote for one candidate over the other.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member jtw61194's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2006
    Posts
    873
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Campaigning

    I'll be perfectly honest and won't respond to any criticism. I only vote in local elections, because those are the people I see every day. The higher up you go, the more BS gets thrown around. What is the real difference in a liberal and a conservative? Is one really going to make that much of a difference than the other? Can anybody understand owing a trillion dollars? Sorry that I am so simple-minded. I like the guy that stops by my house campaigning and sits down to drink a beer with me and talk about the new water lines that are going in. All those other guys are just egotistical liars and cheats who will say anything to get elected.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Campaigning

    Ya know, I can't remember where I read it, and this is kinda off topic, but a 22 year old was mayor of some town. Just thought i'd throw that out there..haha...
    I'm 21, and wouldn't mind running for some office, like school board haha

  4. #4
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Campaigning

    at one time Rye Cove had the youngest mayor in America. Even was on David Letterman I think.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Campaigning

    [ QUOTE ]
    at one time Rye Cove had the youngest mayor in America. Even was on David Letterman I think.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    You're partially right. His name was Michael Mullins and he was the mayor of Clinchport. Rye Cove is not an official incorporated town with a mayor or town council.


    As far as campaigning goes, I remember how a lot of this mud slinging started, or at least its beginning in escalating to the point it is now. William Wampler vs Rick Boucher.

    I'd like to see an honest campaign with the candidate saying what he/she hopes their impact will be on the office they are running for. Also their personal beliefs and moral conviction. I'd rather them not even mention their opponent at all.

    The Ford/Corker campaign in Tennessee is one of the worst I've ever seen, with the Allen/Webb running a close second. If you believe what you hear, none of the candidates are worthy of being elected. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  6. #6
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Campaigning

    I would honestly like to see some people outline how they plan to fix things. Dollars and sense. I'm like 82abn. I know it won't happen, but it would be great to be able to talk to these folks. Have them sit down and explain some of this, how i can help you, and how it will work without hurting us in another way.
    Everyone wants to help on medicial help and illegal aliens, and you name it, but none will outline a real plan. It gets really old.
    And i agree VOLS right now i wish the Corker / Ford thing was over. It makes you see why politics is so bad. Neither would make good senator. Sure one may not be bad mouthing the other as bad, but if half of what they say is true. Neither should be in politics. Their both a bit outside of what is needed in any states government. And yeah i know we have a lot. But their both two prime examples.
    For once and i guess it's a dream. I'd like to hear someone be able to hand something out and say this is how we can fix this problem.
    And give you an agenda and actually see it worked on.
    Guess the false promises to get into office have run their course.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Campaigning

    [ QUOTE ]
    at one time Rye Cove had the youngest mayor in America. Even was on David Letterman I think.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Yeah, he was on Letterman. He was a high school senior at the time he was elected I do believe.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Hokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 22nd, 2006
    Posts
    197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Campaigning

    steer- i think that is somewhere around chicago- not chicago itself, but a kid won a write in campaign to be mayor in illinois.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Campaigning

    The crap thats running right now is getting on my last nerve... I just turn the channel when I see a political commercial. I wish they would take the money that they use for their campaign commercials and donate it to charity because it is a waste of money. Just stick to personal appearances. That is my 2 pennies worth.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Campaigning

    I wish (fat chance) there was campaigns on what you are going to do or want to do, not on how bad the other guy is. I know, its a dream.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •