Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Stimulus Package

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How can they justify giving a rebate to someone who doesn't pay income taxes? </div></div>

I don't like it either.

Unfortunately there are some loopholes in the system that allow non-payers to get big refunds every year. Imagine someone with 2-3 kids who rides the system. If this person works one single day, earning maybe $50 all year (paying no income tax), they can file their tax return, and get a refund of $3000+.

Giving them a tax rebate too doesn't shock me - it's all politics. I dont like it but I'm not surprised by it.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yep, but dang, that just ain't right. </div></div>

You expect right in this country?

Right was kicked to the curb a long time ago.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, I guess I do, even though I realize it's probably never going to happen.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'd just as soon the gov't blow my money by giving it to the poor than blow it fighting needless wars...but I don't totally agree with either seein as I'm not rich myself.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elp6n</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How can they justify giving a rebate to someone who doesn't pay income taxes? </div></div>

I don't like it either.

Unfortunately there are some loopholes in the system that allow non-payers to get big refunds every year. Imagine someone with 2-3 kids who rides the system. If this person works one single day, earning maybe $50 all year (paying no income tax), they can file their tax return, and get a refund of $3000+.

Giving them a tax rebate too doesn't shock me - it's all politics. I dont like it but I'm not surprised by it.
    </div></div>

I think I'll quit work, go on the dole, deal in a little cash-only transactions, can alot of veggies and sit on the porch and watch the world go by. This working 2 or 3 jobs and still coming up short has grown wearisome!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think I'll quit work, go on the dole, deal in a little cash-only transactions, can alot of veggies and sit on the porch and watch the world go by. This working 2 or 3 jobs and still coming up short has grown wearisome! </div></div>

The actual working middle class comes up short because of all we have to pay out for the people described in the above scenario.
    Lazy bums.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No offense to anyone but I dont understand why some of you "have" to work 2-3 jobs?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

To pay the bills, maybe get ahead, and sometimes folks like the work and being busy.

If one job doesn't cut it and some bigger job hasn't come along, you just work more. Better than being lazy.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

These people you are talking about that pay no taxes but still get a rebate/refund, pay just as much for fuel, food, etc, as everyone else. For the most part, they are on a fixed income, I am talking about people like the elderly, disabled, whether they are truly disabled or not, they, too, live on a fixed income. The shape of the economy affects them as much as it does everyone else.

So, correct me if I am wrong, and I often am wrong, but are you saying that since these people don't pay taxes that they don't deserve some sort of relief? The cost of living keeps going up for them also, just as it does for the rest of America.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If it takes 3 jobs to pay your bills then you need to cut some expenses. If my family of four can survive on one job in the family with wages at $8/hr...then anyone can do it.