Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Stimulus Package

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elp6n</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    and sometimes folks like the work and being busy.</div></div>

If thats the case then why [censored] and moan because of the 3 jobs?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: burton2019</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it takes 3 jobs to pay your bills then you need to cut some expenses. If my family of four can survive on one job in the family with wages at $8/hr...then anyone can do it. </div></div>

Car (inexpensive - slightly used).
    rent (used double wide trailer).
    food.
    insurance.
    gas.
    utilities.

which do I cut.

You'll shoot your eye out.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: centennialdawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These people you are talking about that pay no taxes but still get a rebate/refund, pay just as much for fuel, food, etc, as everyone else. </div></div>

Not necessarily.
    The ones I'm annoyed by literally pay for nothing for themselves.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Which one of those "expenses" would you want the ones who don't have jobs to cut out?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Updated article:

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- American taxpayers would get checks of several hundred dollars from the government under a plan to stimulate the economy, sources said Thursday.

Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson is the administration's point person for the economic stimulus plan.

Congressional leaders of both parties were talking with their membership to sell the plan, sources said.

Sources on Capitol Hill and at the Treasury Department said congressional and White House negotiators agreed upon checks of $600 per individual and $1,200 per couple.

A Democratic aide and Republican aide said there will be an additional amount per child, which could be in the neighborhood of $300.

Checks could be in taxpayers' mailboxes by June, according to an Associated Press report.

The Treasury Department still must analyze the numbers to determine the price tag of the stimulus package, sources said.

To get to the agreement, Democrats dropped calls for increases in food stamps and an extension of unemployment compensation. Republicans agreed to allow people who pay Social Security taxes but not income taxes to get the checks, sources said.

An announcement on the plan could come Thursday afternoon, the two sources said.

Aides in both parties said Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson has been working aggressively in recent days as he tries to make progress before House Republicans head out of Washington for a legislative retreat at the end of the week.

To win over conservatives, the package also is slated to include business tax breaks, according to officials in both parties.

The stimulus package may face resistance from fiscal conservatives in both parties over worries that it would increase the federal debt. The talks are occurring as auditors report that the federal deficit -- the difference between what the government takes in and what it spends -- is increasing.

The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office estimated Wednesday the deficit would jump to $250 billion, mainly because of a weakening economy. That estimate does not include any additional spending that would be part of a stimulus package.

The proposal is intended to address economic worries stemming from a worldwide credit crunch created by the mortgage crisis and plunging stock markets. The president proposed the package last week.

Officials in both parties credited Paulson, the former Goldman Sachs executive known for a shrewd grasp of the markets, with pushing the package aggressively.

"He's been on the phone with practically every member of Congress -- some of them a few times," one Senate Republican aide said. "He's not fooling around

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: centennialdawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which one of those "expenses" would you want the ones who don't have jobs to cut out?
    </div></div>

As I said above, I know of a few real system riders who literally pay for NOTHING on their own - food fuel etc. THOSE are the ones that annoy me. They dont have to cut anything - they're not paying for any of it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds to me that you are rather bothered by the fact that some people are actually not able to work and because of that, they deserve nothing. What about the elderly, don't they deserve a break either? Or would you just rather they just disappear and not get anything at all, along with all the others.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If it takes multiple jobs to pay those bills then you are working at the wrong places. I have those same expenses, minus the gas bill, and I was able to live fine making $7/hr at Sykes. It can be done if you want it to be.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: centennialdawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds to me that you are rather bothered by the fact that some people are actually not able to work and because of that, they deserve nothing. What about the elderly, don't they deserve a break either? Or would you just rather they just disappear and not get anything at all, along with all the others.</div></div>

Specific people.
    Specific able bodied people I KNOW that are SUPPOSED to be working but refuse.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nothing but a vote buying scheme.

And no, if you do not pay income taxes, you should not get a refund and/or rebate.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]