Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: T.V.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member shwalker32's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 2006
    Posts
    938
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    T.V.

    i know this prob has been discussed before but here goes, i am thinking about purchasing a new t.v. want to spend in the range of $300-500, any thoughts?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: T.V.

    Depends, are you going to have HD or just SD? And it also depends on size, you can get a good 26" HDTV in that price range. I think the Samsung 26" HDTV is around $500-600. But if you arent' going to get HD don't waste the money and just get a tube TV.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: T.V.

    If you are getting HD, don't rule out a tube if you can find a larger one and don't mind the size they take up. They still have the best picture quality.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Sat_morning_QB's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 26th, 2002
    Posts
    430
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: T.V.

    I have a good 26" I'll sell. Has less than 100 hours of use, built in HD tuner so you can already get the locals in HD.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: T.V.

    If the TV already has a built in HD tuner, to get the locals in HD you need an over the air HD antenna, is that correct? I have never fooled around with the over the air antenna's because I didn't know if you could get them over the mountain or if the signal would be strong enough.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Sat_morning_QB's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 26th, 2002
    Posts
    430
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: T.V.

    Not through Comcast. Just do a digital search in the setup menu and it found them there after channel 70 start with channel 73-2 thru 80 something, there's 10 of them. 2 are is the doppler radar for channel 11 and a PP movie preview channel, which suck, but you get about 50 music channels too.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: T.V.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shwalker32</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i know this prob has been discussed before but here goes, i am thinking about purchasing a new t.v. want to spend in the range of $300-500, any thoughts? </div></div>

    whatcha looking for? you can get the Emerson 32" LCD for around $550 at Walmart. Very nice tv for the price.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •