Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: who???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    who???

    I don't know who this dude is, but the dude just sent me a pm basically asking me why I thought it was a good move for Turner to take the position of OC at P.V. All you vets know what I am saying when I say, "F_N_G"

  2. #2
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: who???

    I think it is a great situation for Turner to be in.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: who???

    Perhaps Turner can learn a thing or two. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member DawgFan3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2003
    Posts
    165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: who???

    Got the same message telling me to "Follow Travis down there"...people are a joke!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: who???

    As I said in one of my past posts, taking high school rivalries too seriously like that can be dangerous. I mean come on. In the past during PV/Appalachia games I heard a lot of stuff that if some fans saw stuff from the other school displayed in someone's car that the cars would get vandalized and windows busted. Very stupid if you ask me.

    Personally, I am glad to hear of Travis Turner on PV's coaching staff. Shows that he is one of the more mature ones by not letting this stupid rivalry go to his head. Rivalries do make the atmosphere very exciting at any contest. But the way some of the people are acting about it can be very dangerous and quite embarrassing to oneself. When will people get it through their thick skulls that these are teens competing against each other?
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member mm70's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 12th, 2007
    Posts
    257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: who???

    I totally agree. I was physically sickened by some of the things I saw and heard during the little league tournaments this year. I was shaking by the time one game was over.

    I heard a kid from another school ask their parent why she was cheering for another team when their team wasn't playing, and she told them "because we hate (the team they are playing), but we hate, "so-and-so" (another team) worse"....Teaching your kids to hate over a rivalry!!!???? Not only that-I heard people making fun of kids when they got hurt and taunting them while they were playing. This goes beyond bad sportsmanship. How on earth can you let a rivalry make you be abusive to kids and teach your kids these things?! How can you not feel compassion for a child when they are hurt???

    Not coincidentally, these same parents' kids are the ones you see using profanity during a game and throwing bats, trying to step on kids hands, etc. They've been taught it's o.k.

    Please, please, please let's teach our kids to get along with the opposing kids and just have fun, do your best, learn to win gracefully and lose gracefully. We have friends from every school we play. There is nothing wrong for cheering for them when they make a good play or have a good hit. You can still support your home team. They are kids.

    If consolidation does come to pass, attitudes like this will make it a miserable situation.

    Town rivalries ARE getting dangerous. This past football season there was a few ugly fights because of it. Hating a person because of what school they are from is almost as bad as hating someone for their color of skin, in my opinion.

    I wish Mr. Turner the best and I think as long as he is happy with his decision, people should support him.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •